Unable to Buy Ruger 10/22 Talos in Maryland?.... Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curiousguy

Jun 12, 2019
    Looking for a bit of help, I was looking at buying my first gun. Figured I'd start with a cheap .22 rifle. The ruger 10/22 was suggested to me, I saw the talos model and went for that. I found and purchased it at budsgunshop.com, shortly after I recieved an email saying that they cannot ship it to Maryland because the collapsible stock on it is ILLEGAL in maryland.

Is there any way to get the ruger 10/22 talos without that collapsible stock so it would be legal in Maryland? I just really wanted the talos model. Please help! :(

Last edited:

curiousguy

Jun 12, 2019
    Probably because it comes with a 15 round mag. Maybe ask them if they’ll ship without the mag?

I spoke with a representative on the phone and they claimed it was due to the stock and not the mag. I thought the same thing at first. Is the limit on the mag 10 rd in md?

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Why not go to one of our Industry Partners and see if they have one in stock or can order one for you? You’ll save on shipping and transfer fees.

curiousguy

Jun 12, 2019
    Why not go to one of our Industry Partners and see if they have one in stock or can order one for you? You’ll save on shipping and transfer fees.

I'm not familiar with what an industry partner does or is, sounds promising though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm not familiar with what an industry partner does or is, sounds promising though.

"Industry Partners" are individuals or companies who pay a fee to help support this site, and have their information and advertising here. They sometimes cut you a break if you're a MDShooters member.

They can be accessed in the Industry Partners section of the site, up near the top, in the General section.

Link: https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=106

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    To expand, rimfire rifles are not subject to a feature test. They still limited on magazine capacity to 10, unless internal magazine, in which case it is 14 IIRC. Anyway, you can have a 26” Long SBR’d rimfire and it’s legal. You can have a 10/22 with a folding stock, flash suppressor and grenade launcher and it’s legal.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Bud's Gun Shop is decent enough, but they won't remove a magazine to make it MD compliant.

Feb 28, 2013
    To expand, rimfire rifles are not subject to a feature test. They still limited on magazine capacity to 10, unless internal magazine, in which case it is 14 IIRC. Anyway, you can have a 26” Long SBR’d rimfire and it’s legal. You can have a 10/22 with a folding stock, flash suppressor and grenade launcher and it’s legal.

We certainly all knows that, but Bud’s is probably got Battered Gun Sellers’ Syndrome.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Even if you bought from Bud's, you'd have to find an FFL to ship it to. If you're just getting into guns, you'll want to start a good relationship with a local FFL. What better way to do that than buying something from them, directly ;)

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom