• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Northam and the Democrats are trying to screw with the VA Republican party’s June 9th primary elections. His declaring shelter in place until June 10th is no accident, it is planned. These Democrats have no limits to the acts they will take to gain power and destroy this state and country. It has not gone unnoticed... fred55

Last edited:

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Northam and the Democrats are trying to screw with the VA Republican party’s June 9th primary elections. His decrying shelter in place until June 10th is no accident, it is planned. These Democrats have no limits to the acts they will take to gain power and destroy this state and country. It has not gone unnoticed... fred55

He's declaring. You're decrying it.

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    This Baltimore Sun article quotes Michael Greenberger, director of the Center for Health and Homeland Security at the University of Maryland School of Law, discussing Gov. Hogan's emergency executive powers: "Those powers cannot be used in an arbitrary and capricious manner."
    I'm not sure whether that limitation is from a MD statute, or some sort of common-law. If the VA governor is under a similar limitation, it certainly seems arbitrary to go through a (not-)random Wednesday in June...

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Well, we all have to do something about this beyond going to Richmond for Lobby Day. It's important for all gun owners to vote in November, and get their friends and families to vote correctly.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Just move the Primary a week or 2 to the right...

It's not quite that simple. From a Republican party official "According to state election laws, a nominee must be selected by midnight June 9th or else the party does not have a candidate to put forward. So now party leaders are scrambling to comply under state law and under the bylaws of the RPV to determine how to best move forward with a fair and equitable process in determining a nominee." fred55

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    Does anyone have any info about what is being done about this? Has anyone in VA talked to their reps for info? Has anyone filed a suit? Can someone tell us what, if anything, can be done by non-Virginian’s to help?

This is some serious tomfvckery with dangerous ramifications. I’m sure this ploy will also be repeated elsewhere if it isn’t shut down quickly. A suit could at least serve to bring it to light for the masses in hopes of some outrage that could force a response.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    The situation is under discussion in the Virginia Republican Party (VRP) all options are being considered. Legal action is perhaps a last resort. fred55

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Vote. Don’t vote.

Run candidates. Don’t run candidates.

Life is about choices. Choices have consequences.

Northam is a traitorous tyrant who deserves whatever he gets. Here’s hoping for a HOT tar enema and a feather suit...at a minimum.

Meanwhile VA Republicants better sure as shit come up with a plan and then ruthlessly execute said plan.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    I just can't figure out why the voters would put a majority of demoncreeps in the legislature. After 100 years of making the same promises time after time expecting a different outcome. After all, isn't that THE definition of insanity?:mad54:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    oh im sure they've got more coming for yall next year. this was the tip of the iceberg.

just as in Annapolis, Maryland 2013, it doesn't appear Richmond, Virginia cares about what the rest of the state thinks.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia

Nearly all of what was passed has huge holes in it. I think they would like to fill those holes in. But I can’t imagine that Virginians will tolerate the enforcement of it.

Ralph can sign his Christmas wish list but that doesn’t mean he’ll get what he asked for. I was at the 2020 Lobby Day and don’t see how that awesome assembly will roll over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom