• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Hesitate to show this because it is totally boring compare to what was shown earlier. But I’ve always wanted to do some axe throwing. I picked up this on a whim but have not tried it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hawkeye-Throwing-Stainless-Recreation-Competition/dp/B07Z8L2YB2

Plus, has a bottle opener included for when you say “Hold my beer”. What could go wrong?

I have not tried them yet. Anyone else ever try these?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Hesitate to show this because it is totally boring compare to what was shown earlier. But I’ve always wanted to do some axe throwing. I picked up this on a whim but have not tried it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hawkeye-Throwing-Stainless-Recreation-Competition/dp/B07Z8L2YB2

Plus, has a bottle opener included for when you say “Hold my beer”. What could go wrong?

I have not tried them yet. Anyone else ever try these?

I was looking at those. I missed out on the Cabelas SOG black Friday throwing axe/knife combo. Certainly not the best but good practice blades.

Feb 28, 2013
    Want something custom, maybe with a nordic twist but not a full bore battle axe. Doubt if I would go for any major engraving. Have it down to these two:

Wolf Valley Forge Bush Axe. Pro US made and should be very functional. Nice options on finish and leather. Con: Not really a norse style axe more of a hand forges working axe.

Bush-Model1.jpg

or

Ancient Smithy Sterk. Little less functional but nice size axe. Made in Ukraine which is a con as its not US forged but the Ukrainians have excellent forges.

ancientsmithy-axe-battle-hand-forged-viking-axe-sterk-akke-with-leather-wrap-on-the-carved-handle-14456663933002.jpg

Any options I am missing.

Ragnar Lothbruk approves of that second one :D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Just got the Wolf Valley Forge bush axe, really nice workmanship. I may have to see if he can replicate something similar to my other choice, of course it wont be as cheap but all about supporting small businesses.

Am going to hate to use this one for camping but thats what it was built for. Ill have to take some pictures.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Here you go.............very nice work

Attachments

• IMG_3781.jpg
      IMG_3781.jpg
      92.1 KB · Views: 294
    • IMG_3788.jpg
      IMG_3788.jpg
      110.1 KB · Views: 282

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Reminds me I have been meaning to reach out to Ike at Wolf Valley Forge to see what it would take to make me a pair of tomahawks, two for the pleasure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom