• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    I’ve never posted in this forum before, are there any GEC fans on MD shooters, I ask because I’ve
    got quite a few (60-70), and I’m thinking of thinning them out, does anyone think they would
    sell on MDS or would they sell faster elsewhere?
    I’ll post them here if we have fans. They are all
    slip joints, (Grand Pop knives).

Thanks, Rick

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Interesting knives , but their actual website sucks to point of being useless .

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I carry a GEC Navy knife every day...

Love the new pocket slip

Bladeforums has an active sellers/buyer market and where I’d try first. No idea if FB has a GEC fan page but also with a look if your so inclined
    dffd2338665d1db9b3890374de173de0.jpg

566865c27dcdcbce5bc6b519b3600996.jpg

1b8bd3a7047ebe3eed075a86a715b4c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Big fan of Great Eastern, go to their Rendezvous every year, very high quality traditional knives. Have over 100 of them and always looking to add more. I sell very few but there are several Facebook groups that when I post one for sale it goes in minutes.
    When you decide what you are selling you can PM me with what you got and what you would like for them, I may be interested.
    A few of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4205.jpg
      IMG_4205.jpg
      184.6 KB · Views: 276
    • IMG_0539.jpg
      IMG_0539.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 270
    • IMG_1218.jpg
      IMG_1218.jpg
      94.2 KB · Views: 278
    • IMG_1806.jpg
      IMG_1806.jpg
      115.8 KB · Views: 292
    • IMG_2588.jpg
      IMG_2588.jpg
      126 KB · Views: 289

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That's the one. According to it , the only knives they make are fillet knives and +/- 4in fixed hunting knives , and have zero dealers .

( I did find a list of dealers elsewhere on the internet .)

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    That's the one. According to it , the only knives they make are fillet knives and +/- 4in fixed hunting knives , and have zero dealers .

( I did find a list of dealers elsewhere on the internet .)

There is a pull down menu right under Welcome to Great Eastern Web Site, there is a ton of information, the font is lighter and I wonder if it's not showing on your device.

https://greateasterncutlery.net/blog/our-gec-distributors/

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    High Quality, very nice knives as stated above.
    But they Are slip joints and not “tacticool”.
    I’m going to start going through them, a will place
    the ads here and on blade forums.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Big fan of Great Eastern, go to their Rendezvous every year, very high quality traditional knives. Have over 100 of them and always looking to add more. I sell very few but there are several Facebook groups that when I post one for sale it goes in minutes.
    When you decide what you are selling you can PM me with what you got and what you would like for them, I may be interested.
    A few of mine.

Nice collection!!! I love the traditional folders

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand they're very good knives, and widely collected.

I'd have jumped into collecting them, but it was impossible to find the ones I wanted. I have enough odd areas of collecting already, but I admit to being tempted.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I understand they're very good knives, and widely collected.

I'd have jumped into collecting them, but it was impossible to find the ones I wanted. I have enough odd areas of collecting already, but I admit to being tempted.

Bob, they are very collectible, it's actually kind of insane, the knives hit the dealers and sell out in a couple minutes. Does take some of the fun out of it not being able to get desirable patterns but they sure are well made good looking knives.
    What I really like about GEC is how they recreate original patterns, the Farmers Jack is a hard to find pattern, GEC did a run of them several years ago, they are almost impossible to find now, hope they do another run. Picture of GEC Farmers jacks with an original Schrade Cut Co on the top which is 80 or more years old.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.jpg
      IMG_0037.jpg
      150.1 KB · Views: 165

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Huh . So it's a pure " stamp collecting " kind of thing , where the ( whatever ) is sought and collected on the basis of its rarity .

It's a shame . I like old school pocket knives . I like old school 1095 steel . Within reason , I like good quality made in USA . But $400 range pocket knives are too steep for me . ( If they were priced similar to the kitchen knives or fixed hunting knives , might be different .)

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Huh . So it's a pure " stamp collecting " kind of thing , where the ( whatever ) is sought and collected on the basis of its rarity .

It's a shame . I like old school pocket knives . I like old school 1095 steel . Within reason , I like good quality made in USA . But $400 range pocket knives are too steep for me . ( If they were priced similar to the kitchen knives or fixed hunting knives , might be different .)

The selling price for most when they drop at the dealers is around 100 bucks depending on pattern and handle material, secondary market is what’s crazy where popular patterns can sell for 3 to 5 times initial price, I buy very few on the secondary market.
    They make great users, I have 6 or so to use including the ebony Farmers Jack pictured above.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Bob, they are very collectible, it's actually kind of insane, the knives hit the dealers and sell out in a couple minutes. Does take some of the fun out of it not being able to get desirable patterns but they sure are well made good looking knives.
    What I really like about GEC is how they recreate original patterns, the Farmers Jack is a hard to find pattern, GEC did a run of them several years ago, they are almost impossible to find now, hope they do another run. Picture of GEC Farmers jacks with an original Schrade Cut Co on the top which is 80 or more years old.

I think it was a spread of these that you posted a few years ago that motivated me. Very nice knives.

The fact that I couldn't get my hands on the ones I wanted was the main reason I didn't jump heavily into collecting them. Subsequently my blade collecting moved in a different direction.

So many toys, so little money. [Sigh}

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom