• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Many thanks to MEGARMS for running another killer match and to RH for designing the stages so we weren't picking up plates out of the mud. Much appreciated gentlemen.

And a big shout out to Al Gore, global warming gave us a rather comfortable mid January day and his amazing internet had the scores posted before I got home.

The new inline plate racks on stage six were a YUGE hit at least with our squad. Miles of smiles watching the PCC guys rip through them, great stuff.

Today was a very good match. We really appreciate those who showed up early to help us set up and the one guy (Stove) who brought us 30 2x4s. We were able to set up 6 stages in just over an hour; a task that normally takes us more than twice as long and several of us have to drive up there the day before. We may just keep doing it this way, especially in the winter and when matches are on Saturdays.

We had those inline plate racks on stage 6 and the ones on stage 1 (on a 45 degree angle) custom made just for us. They are built like tanks and a couple of guys with an impact wrench can turn the targets in ten minutes to be shot inline, on a 45, or as a standard plate rack.

Wouldn't it be something to have a stage with 4 of them in a big straight line? Maybe we will have a side match one day with those racks like that. $5 per run or 3 for $10 and pay out the winner(s) 50% of the pot. Just a thought that probably needs some fine tuning.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Many thanks to MEGARMS for running another killer match and to RH for designing the stages so we weren't picking up plates out of the mud. Much appreciated gentlemen.

And a big shout out to Al Gore, global warming gave us a rather comfortable mid January day and his amazing internet had the scores posted before I got home.

The new inline plate racks on stage six were a YUGE hit at least with our squad. Miles of smiles watching the PCC guys rip through them, great stuff.

And by the way, what got in to you today? Were those really your times or did the battery die in the timer?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sorry I missed this one. (Actually the last several) I had a false positive COVID test earlier in the week and got two negative tests and finally got cleared yesterday. Definitely planning on next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Sorry I missed this one. (Actually the last several) I had a false positive COVID test earlier in the week and got two negative tests and finally got cleared yesterday. Definitely planning on next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is going to breath on my neighbors chicken?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    LOL, even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.

You were shooting great today!

My mojo, on the other hand, was magically transferred to the scrum of spandex wearing bicyclists I got stuck behind on Marriottsville Road.

That’s my explanation and I’m sticking with it.

Oh, and: the in-line plate racks are indeed An Official Hoot.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    BTW: that started out as a surprisingly foggy morning for the middle of January.
    518EA4E5-D7ED-40D7-A492-E7F688099E42.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That is an awesome photo. Did you take that on your phone?

I confess I did. It was actually part of my “I got here OK Homey” txt back to the ranch after I pulled in, but then it occurred to me it was kinda cool.

If you can arrange for some more dense fog next time, I’ll come with real camera gear!

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Had a good time at my first IDPA match yesterday, I'll definitely try and make those again if any more fall on Sundays. I was definitely slow, but it was fun. I especially liked the "bathroom" match!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I confess I did. It was actually part of my “I got here OK Homey” txt back to the ranch after I pulled in, but then it occurred to me it was kinda cool.

If you can arrange for some more dense fog next time, I’ll come with real camera gear!

You seem to have an eye for photography. You ought to consider doing more :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom