• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    PATRIOT RIFLES will participate at the 2021 VCDL LOBBY DAY in Richmond!

PATRIOT RIFLES is the newest element of PATRIOT PICKET!

PATRIOT RIFLES was created to exercise our Long Gun Open Carry (LGOC) rights AS FREE PATRIOTS next month near and around the historic Virginia Statehouse during the upcoming 2021 VCDL LOBBY DAY.

VCDL LOBBY DAY will occur on MONDAY, 18 JANUARY 2021, which is also the Federal Holiday honoring MARTIN LUTHER KING. (Free street parking in Richmond!)

Instead of carrying signs, PATRIOT RIFLES will demonstrate for our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS by WALKING while FULLY-ARMED in Richmond near the historic Virginia Statehouse, just as over 50,000 Patriots did in last January.

If you missed last January’s historic VCDL Lobby Day, this is your opportunity to exercise your God-given right of self-defense and to EXPERIENCE what you are prohibited from enjoying in Maryland: the right to openly carry your rifle or other firearm in public, in the shadow of a Governor’s Mansion and Statehouse.

This is your time to suit up and show up: full tactical is encouraged; get out that tactical or ballistic vest and other gear, charge up that radio and slap on your favorite morale patches.

All manner of attire is welcome, as are any members here who won’t be carrying a long gun but wish to participate while carrying a sidearm, or no firearm at all.

Regardless, we will walk together in downtown Richmond with our own flags and banners identifying us as PATRIOT RIFLES.

Join your friends from MDS and PATRIOT RIFLES for this historic day!

Post up here in this thread (or PM me) if you would like ride in or drive a car pool to Richmond and/or have questions.

Attachments

• 0E01D141-1452-4423-843B-3C062FFAC13F.jpg
      0E01D141-1452-4423-843B-3C062FFAC13F.jpg
      85.8 KB · Views: 791

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You know Jeff, it sure would have been a lot easier for you to take us up on our offer to request reinstatement of your account under your own name instead of maintaining this farce that this is actually your brother posting this.

Then again, your ego is bigger than that. We made the offer, and you refused to accept it, yet you still continue to post here when it suits you.

Everyone knows it's you, you know that right?

Eventually the clock is going to run out on how long we are going to let this go on, you realize that, right?

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Norton, this is Deep Lurker, posting for myself, and posting from my own home.

I included the fact that Jeff is going to be participating because he has many friends who will ask me if he will be in Richmond next month.

I deliberately did not post Jeff’s former screen name above out of respect for the rules of this Forum.

Jeff has never posted here in my name; every single post of the nearly 1500 posts that I have posted over almost 2 years was posted by me, and posted on my own devices.

Jeff has no access to my devices because we live in different residences in different states.

He has never had access to my MDS account and does not know my password, it goes without saying that he has never posted on MDS in my name; likewise he has never asked me to specifically post anything, much less dictated the wording of any post. Never happened. All the posts were my idea; I can’t help it that we are so closely associated in our 2A activities.

I am sending you a PM now with my home phone number, please call me now to confirm this and to address any other issues.

I have removed the reference in the OP to Jeff’s participation.

I can offer as evidence this statement by a member here who has remained in contact with Jeff, addressing suspicions that existed after I signed on to my own account here. After reading dozens of my posts, he commented to Jeff: “ Well, it is clear that it is your brother posting on MDS now and not you because all his posts are boring, repetitious and pedantic.”

I swear, with God as my witness, that quote is as true as my protestations above.

My PM to you was just sent, and my phone ringer is turned up to max. I look forward to your call.

Thanks.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Norton, this is Deep Lurker, posting for myself, and posting from my own home.

I included the fact that Jeff is going to be participating because he has many friends who will ask me if he will be in Richmond next month.

I deliberately did not post Jeff’s former screen name above out of respect for the rules of this Forum.

Jeff has never posted here in my name; every single post of the nearly 1500 posts that I have posted over almost 2 years was posted by me, and posted on my own devices.

Jeff has no access to my devices because we live in different residences in different states.

He has never had access to my MDS account and does not know my password, it goes without saying that he has never posted on MDS in my name.

I am sending you a PM now with my home phone number, please call me now to confirm this and to address any other issues.

DL , you are an honorable man . I am going to look at that day and see if i can take a vacation day . It kinda depends on how busy or if i am awarded a couple contracts i bid a few days ago .

Wish your brother my best .

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Did Patriot Picket get rebranded?

Thanks for asking, this is one of the ideas I was going to address soon but obviously this is a good time because you asked it right out of the gate.

The answer is no; PATRIOT PICKET has simply expanded on our original idea, which began in Maryland here on MDS and was adapted to the political and legal circumstances in Maryland during the MGA session in early 2016.

The VCDL Lobby Day in Richmond last January changed everything about conducting 2A activism.

The political and legal circumstances in Virginia, as contrasted with Soviet Maryland, suggested this year that after crossing the river we didn’t have to limit our activities to just sign-carrying unarmed on public sidewalks as a means of demonstrating for OUR FREEDOM.

PATRIOT PICKET has adapted and innovated continuously since 2016 to maximize our political influence in support of the Second Amendment, and PATRIOT RIFLES is adaptive in this way.

There will always be those who only want to carry signs (not firearms) at a public demonstration: they continue to be PATRIOT PICKET. This will remain the case in Maryland and similarly rerstrictive states.

Likewise, there will always be those who will only want to carry firearms (not signs) and they will likely be eager to rally or march under a PATRIOT RIFLES banner. We can legally do this Virginia and other free states.

Thus standing up “PATRIOT RIFLES” adds actual firearm open carriers to our political messaging.

The firearm becomes the sign, the firearm becomes the message.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    DL , you are an honorable man . I am going to look at that day and see if i can take a vacation day . It kinda depends on how busy or if i am awarded a couple contracts i bid a few days ago .

Wish your brother my best .

Thank you, you are too kind.

You are both honorable AND hardworking, and the efforts both you and your son Welder Jr have expended on behalf of all Marylanders in defending the Second Amendment on freezing cold and dreary nights in Annapolis are now part of PATRIOT PICKET legend, and there are many, many pictures and videos to prove it.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Bets on how long before someone posts how "this isn't a good idea because it gives gun owners a bad name"

Go for it...these asshats need a bit of intimidation...

Muleskinner!

You are just the man I want to see!

You have GOTTA come to Richmond for Lobby Day next month, bring your favorite long gun and make one of the best and most exciting 2A memories of your life.

Just ask ANYONE who was there last year! (Like someone already in this thread :innocent0)

In fact, I think this is the morale patch you should wear:

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• C4FAE163-49F9-486C-97E0-DAB4BB2E4FDB.jpg
      C4FAE163-49F9-486C-97E0-DAB4BB2E4FDB.jpg
      104.6 KB · Views: 448

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I like the "Patriot Rifles" rebranding, FWIW.

Thanks. WE LIKE YOU.

You are a 2A Hero who is willing to fight in Maryland but who has also crossed state lines for moral Second Amendment purposes.

Also fully documented.

BTW PATRIOT RIFLES will still carry signs.

Small signs.

Also known as morale patches, slapped on your tac vest.

Doc, I think this little sign fits your charming personality:

:gun1:

Attachments

• 853F7016-56E1-4FCD-A68C-565FBE0D8DF9.jpg
      853F7016-56E1-4FCD-A68C-565FBE0D8DF9.jpg
      119.8 KB · Views: 436

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So I know personally that Jeff Hulbert had nothing to do with Deep Lurker’s OP. Yet Jeff Hulbert obviously still lives so deep inside of the Chief Moderator’s head that Norton comes into this thread and openly and publicly calls Deep Lurker a damn liar. Just confirms why this is the first time I have signed on or posted on this poor excuse of a 2A forum. Norton you owe Deep Lurker an apology, and if you are too small minded to recognize it **** you! Ban me or don’t, I really don’t give a shit. Goodbye!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So I know personally that Jeff Hulbert had nothing to do with Deep Lurker’s OP. Yet Jeff Hulbert obviously still lives so deep inside of the Chief Moderator’s head that Norton comes into this thread and openly and publicly calls Deep Lurker a damn liar. Just confirms why this is the first time I have signed on or posted on this poor excuse of a 2A forum for months. Norton you owe Deep Lurker an apology, and if you are too small minded to recognize it **** you! Ban me or don’t, I really don’t give a shit. Goodbye!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So I know personally that Jeff Hulbert had nothing to do with Deep Lurker’s OP. Yet Jeff Hulbert obviously still lives so deep inside of the Chief Moderator’s head that Norton comes into this thread and openly and publicly calls Deep Lurker a damn liar. Just confirms why this is the first time I have signed on or posted on this poor excuse of a 2A forum. Norton you owe Deep Lurker an apology, and if you are too small minded to recognize it **** you! Ban me or don’t, I really don’t give a shit. Goodbye!

Aw.....can you show me on the doll where I hurt you?

Here's the facts, this guy never, ever, ever, comes around here unless it is to cut and paste something and at a time that is solely to perpetuate this cult of personality.

Your boy is playing the victim here yet again, and says he didn't do anything to promote Jeff, yet what he doesn't tell you is that he went back and edited out the text "JEFF HULBERT of PATRIOT RIFLES will lead this memorable event."

So, who is the liar?

Your boys were given opportunity, after opportunity, after opportunity to moderate their language at other members here. Your deity was even given the opportunity to reinstate his account rather than engaging his sock puppet.

You say it's a poor excuse for a 2A community, yet here you are.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    How will this interact with the VCDL Caravan system? All roads meet in Richmond. Traffic will be exciting.

Muleskinner!

You are just the man I want to see!

You have GOTTA come to Richmond for Lobby Day next month, bring your favorite long gun and make one of the best and most exciting 2A memories of your life.

Just ask ANYONE who was there last year! (Like someone already in this thread :innocent0)

In fact, I think this is the morale patch you should wear:

:thumbsup:

In all honesty I don't believe that this "rally" is actually going to take place. I don't think that the powers that be in Richmond are going to allow anyone close to the State House grounds and use covid-19 as an excuse for it.

I'm also a little disgusted by the way this whole event is being planned logistically. The governor mandates no large gatherings because of the virus. His mandate is a violation of our constitutional right to peacefully assemble. The Virginia citizens defense league has decided to obey his unconstitutional mandate and only drive around inside the area of the state house grounds. I don't understand the mentality of yes we will comply with your unconstitutional mandate but we are fighting for our second amendment rights.. it just seems like a big contradiction to me. If you're going to fight for your second amendment rights why wouldn't you fight for your first amendment rights and show up en mass on the State House grounds anyway?

The leadership of the vcdl has already shown me that they are fairly cowardly.. telling people to destroy their black rifles if the legislature passes an assault weapons bill kind of put a bad taste in my mouth. I'll think about it but no promises.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    FWIW, I almost exclusively cut and paste content (news articles, pics, videos) on this forum because my opinion about anything isn’t particularly important or useful.

I will be grateful to the end of my life for everything that MDS has done (and does) for Patriot Picket and for me personally.

Posting without negativity was part of my own pledge to myself as a new account holder on MDS to never personally attack another member of this board. I’ve kept that pledge.

I named Jeff by his birth name only (not his well-known screen name) in the OP of this thread initially because I judged using his old MDS screen name to be disrespectful, offensive and a violation of the Rules.

I thought that naming Jeff by his birth name in the OP as a participant at the next Lobby Day was at the heart of the issue today, so I immediately removed it.

Norton, I sent you a PM back in March 2019 to explain why I was opening my own MDS account after my brother was banned. In it I explained why I had no intention of picking up where he left off.

Nothing in that PM has changed, and everything I stated in it is still true today.

I am not a farce.

I am not a not a liar.

I am not a sock puppet.

I admit I don’t understand what I did to deserve such a public condemnation, since we’ve never ever met, or spoken.

I still look forward to your phone call and will answer any questions you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom