• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Because neither one of them respects or represents the large more rural or working class republican base and seem like beltway swamp creatures in many ways. Thinking Hogan would have the support and enthusiasm of the base is probably a sign of a mental disorder at worst. At best being completely out of touch.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Boy! That set off a sickening vision in my head...

Attachments

• romney.jpg
      romney.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 1,820

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Hogan probably is what the future of the Republican Party looks like. It’s clear the majority of them have no spine to fight the current moving the country to the left. It seems like every year they think they didn’t lose too badly and can live with that. Insidious, incessant, incrementalism.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Hey look! McRomney thinks he relevant, just like Lawn Chair Larry.

In truth, the only time these two get any attention is when they publicly side with the leftists. They need to start the new Useful Idiots party.

Last edited:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So Romney, a rino, thinks hogan, a spineless cowardly twat who gives the Democrats rats everything they want is the future of the Republican Party??

Sounds right

I weep for our republic

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I suspect Pence, Cotton, DeSantis, and Haley will all run for President in 2024 and each could be credible contenders for winning the primaries.

All are good but as much a good man I believe Pence to be, I see him as a bit too milquetoast and the Dems will associate his ties to Trump as a huge negative which will resonate with drone voters. The GOP certainly tied Mondale to Carter, Hillary as well as Biden to Obama...politics is a full contact blood sport.

If Biden can stay lucid (tenuous at best now) and live long enough to make it through a full term (not taking bets on that)...I think Nicki Haley has an excellent chance of being the first woman President...as if gender should really matter.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A scary thought is that should either Romney run again or Hogan run and one gets the 2024 GOP nomination (or as a team) we would be in the extraordinary position of holding our noses tightly and voting for them or sitting out the Presidential election and allowing the Dems to keep the White House by default. And there's nobody on the Democrat side who comes close to being a quality President.

Even if Hogan would run I can't see him getting traction...little recognition outside of political circles...much like O'Malley making a fool of himself as he did. But stranger things have happened in politics.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    A scary thought is that should either Romney run again or Hogan run and one gets the 2024 GOP nomination (or as a team) we would be in the extraordinary position of holding our noses tightly and voting for them or sitting out the Presidential election and allowing the Dems to keep the White House by default. And there's nobody on the Democrat side who comes close to being a quality President.

I can't imagine either winning the Republican nomination unless the Populists/Nationalists split off from the GOP and form their own party. In which case President Harris will probably be in office through 2032.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom