Oct 11, 2011
    I wish i could find a 91 for 500

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wish i could find a 91 for 500
    That would definitely be the low end of the scale... but I recently got my 922r-compliant early-series MAK-90 for $550 locally, so it can be done. I will admit that it seems like prices have already started to ramp up.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    Heck id even pay 600 for a 91, but yes the prices are going up and fast!

On a side note we should start a Jews with guns club!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I bought my 91 for $189. from the Westminister gun show back in 93-94. The guy(Bear's Den) had a table full of them and no one was buying them, looking back I I should've bought three of them! As for not shooting it, not sure why, just kept it more for the SHTF day that hasn't come yet. I've got plenty of ammo now and really want to go light something up besides paper at an outdoor range with more than 100yards and no 3 second rule between shots. It's pumpkin season, we should organize a fall fun shoot somwhere and blast the shit out of some pumpkins and other reactive targets.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    This is the first time I've seen a Mak 90 over $600 and I think thats too high. I got mine hardly fired for $500. NHM91 b/n $600-$700....I got mine for $550 OTD from a gun shop two years ago.
    I think I paid $450 NIB for my Mak 90 13+years ago...prob high priced then but still have it and still shoots...

1800 for a Saiga 12 was posted...then he cut a deal to 1600...hahaha
    I'll sell one of mine NIB for $1200:D

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    $500-600..maybe $650 at most.

That's about right I have been thinking if dumping mine off and on just because it takes up a lot of safe room.

Not my business on the mak90 but best of luck to the seller as I can still snag a preban for that.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Mak 90's triggers run excellent...prob tops in my book....they out shoot maadi, ROMAK, NHM91, and Saiga's...only one I cant compare it too is the true Russian AK as I have never shot one.

Overlijden

Nothing to see move along
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lusby
    I sold a NHM-91 with the origional Bi-pod, thumbhole stock, 10 round magazine. I bought it new at the Marine Corp Exchange in 1994 for 325.00. I sold it last moth for 750.00 Its worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Chinese AK style rifles have not been importable for a long time. Some would argue they are of excellent quality and I would tend to agree. My NHM-91 was blued finish.

I still have the milled version of this rifle MAK-91 Outstanding rifle!

This is the rifle I sold.

orku88.jpg

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Quality-wise, about the same. Not having to do the double stack conversion is a big point in the 91's favor, IMHO. In fact, it should be a lot cheaper all around to do a nice NHM-91 conversion. I've basically given up on Saiga/VEPR conversions unless it's an oddball caliber for an AK (7.62x54R, .308, 12g, etc.), because they're just not that cost effective.

As for how much it's worth, maybe $500-$600 depending on condition and conversion. Wait a couple months for BHO to get re-elected, and you might even be able to pull ~$700. But I doubt you'd ever see $850.

Saiga conversions aren't a great buy today. However those of us who did the DIY process on guns we bought many years ago are into them at ridiculously low levels. Mine total including what I paid for the base gun is less than $400 total. Never for sale though.

Overlijden

Nothing to see move along
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lusby
    I guess the answer to the OP would depend. Is this a MILLED MAK-90 or a Stamped MAK-90 The Milled version of this rifle would easily demand 850.00 a Polytech Legend (the unmodified version of this rifle) fetches BIG $$$$. Same rifle less the evil bayo, flash hider and cleaning rod

One of my favorite rifles. This is the MAK-91, This is the NM (National Match Version) More accurate? Milled and a longer barrel. Yeah it shoots pretty good. This rifle is wearing a Custom USA made Walnut stock set for Slant cut milled Chinese receiver made by Iron Wood Designs. I replaced the FCG with Red Star Arms adjustable trigger group, threaded the end of the barrel and added a US Made slant brake. (for those counting that's 7 922r parts) The sling is a Vietnam bring back from a older Jarhead buddy of mine.

ITS NOT FOR SALE

214d2c2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom