• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I went to Chantilly this past weekend. it was the first show that I had been to since covid hit. I want to try and make it to York. It is right up there with the the Chantilly show in terms of awesomeness. I hope to see some familiar faces there.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    This will be my first show. What can I expect as a newbie?

You can expect to wait in a looong line, you can expect to have a colonoscopy at the time of ammo purchase, and if you’re lucky you can buy some jerky to nibble on. Sounds like fun.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    So once i get last the wait and colonoscopy, will it be a good experience? And hopefully I'll at least be able to get some mags ?

What time do you recommend getting there?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    So once i get last the wait and colonoscopy, will it be a good experience? And hopefully I'll at least be able to get some mags ?

I've never had a bad experience at York or Gettysburg. Even if I don't find whatever I was looking for its still always worth the trip. And if you are looking for mags, as long as it isn't something obscure I'm sure you'll find them.

As far as what time, I usually show up in the early afternoon... avoids the line 90% of the time. :) Even during covid I haven't waited in a line yet.

Just don't show up an hour before closing and expect to see it all... most vendors start packing up 30 minutes prior to the closing time for that day. I guess they see the closing time as when they will be walking out, not when they stop doing business. :sad20:

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013

You completely threw me off.

I thought I was reading the colonoscopy thread and I was thinking how did you get mags up there?

With the current panic buying and lack of ammo, reloading supplies, etc. This is not the best time to go to a gun show.
    Go and have fun, just remember guns shows in 2020 are like everything else in 2020- totally ass backwards.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    I know magazines for my AR will be widely available, but can I expect to find magazines for my CZ Scorpion? (At reasonable prices?)

Are there any recommended gun shops that are "awesome" around that area? My friend and are going to get there around 9am, but if it is mobbed, we plan to just hit a couple shops to try and find what we want.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I know magazines for my AR will be widely available, but can I expect to find magazines for my CZ Scorpion? (At reasonable prices?)

Are there any recommended gun shops that are "awesome" around that area? My friend and are going to get there around 9am, but if it is mobbed, we plan to just hit a couple shops to try and find what we want.

I think I paid $25-$30 for my Magpul CZ 35rd mags. My 50 round drum was $140ish.

Revolver6

Sep 29, 2019
    Yes, we plan to be there and able to accept transfers for MD residents....
    I purchased a handgun on October 2nd, got clearance on October 9th.
    With the 30 day limitations, if I were to purchase one at the show this weekend, does anyone know how I can go about it?
    Do I ask the present MD FFL at the show to hold on to it until my 30 day wait period is over? Or there's no way I can purchase a handgun this weekend?
    I wish I would've filed for the collectors certificate earlier, bit going to do it this week, but will be too late by then.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I purchased a handgun on October 2nd, got clearance on October 9th.
    With the 30 day limitations, if I were to purchase one at the show this weekend, does anyone know how I can go about it?
    Do I ask the present MD FFL at the show to hold on to it until my 30 day wait period is over? Or there's no way I can purchase a handgun this weekend?
    I wish I would've filed for the collectors certificate earlier, bit going to do it this week, but will be too late by then.

Yes, we can hold it for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom