• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    How is this calculated?

Paperwork Thursday/Pickup next Thursday?

Or would pickup be Friday +?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Except that the explicit Legislative Intent was for a * Cooling Off Period * .

We know the concept is 99.99% bogus , but that is exactly what the MGA intended on purpose .

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

We know the concept is 99.99% bogus , but that is exactly what the MGA intended on purpose .

So what happened to the theory that the original 7 day wait was a result of the application going through snail mail? 2 days to get there, 2 days to review, 2 days to get back, with a 1 day cushion?

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020

It's more like 7 days of heightened anticipation to pick up a new piece of equipment and test it out. It could actually be detrimental to ones health creating anxiety and panic...

For me, I will be "coolin" though lol.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So what happened to the theory that the original 7 day wait was a result of the application going through snail mail? 2 days to get there, 2 days to review, 2 days to get back, with a 1 day cushion?

That was the common thought, but someone came up with some paperwork that showed that the cooling off part was part of the original discussions on the law.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I checked with the bayblonbee. It's seven days since you last struck your wife.:rolleyes:

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    ...unless you bought it and did all paperwork on a Monday. "not disapproved" email will come Tuesday, day 8.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    My FFL told me 7 days was used because that was the amount of time it would take snail mail to send and then return the applications. All this started before Fax Machines and the internet.

It was never meant as a cooling off...
    That is just how long it took for the paperwork to approve your constitutional right.

Not sure if that is true or not but I believe it is.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    My FFL told me 7 days was used because that was the amount of time it would take snail mail to send and then return the applications. All this started before Fax Machines and the internet.

That is just how long it took for the paperwork to approve your constitutional right.

They don't "Approve" you, they just claim you are "Not Disapproved"

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

He is wrong.

As I said, someone posted here in MDS some of the original paperwork on the law, and it WAS a cooling off period.

The 7 days for mailing may have been why that period was picked, but the whole purpose was cooling off.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Check the Bill File in the library at Dept of Legislative Services in Annapolis adjacent to Lawyers Mall , and contemporary news accounts from 1966 . It was all about the Cooling Off .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom