• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    I really like the CZ but it seems like the Canik Elite is very "upgraded". This would be my first handgun and both feel good in my hands. Is the juice worth the squeeze for the "upgrades" in the Canik?

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I've got a Canik TP9SFX. It's a solid gun, and surprisingly we'll made. I also have several CZs, so not a fanbois of any particular brand. The Caniks are as good as anything IMO.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If both feel fine and you can afford it, then get what makes you smile the most. Just don't put more weight on the cool factor than how well it fits your hand.
    I tried the P10 but it just never felt right in my hand. The Canik was much better and so far no issues. It may be worthwhile to look at the reliability reports and customer service if you need a repair. Really no bad choice between the two.

My understanding is that the P10 is geared more as a duty pistol whereas the Canik may have too light of a trigger and short reset for HD purposes. I'm not sure I buy that, but I have read it in multiple places.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I have them both and they are very nice guns. Both have excellent triggers. I gather you can get the P10 C with a threaded barrel and optics ready now so not sure the Canik Elite Combat holds much of an advantage any longer. They are both good values for the money and shoot very similar for me.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Thanks, yea the CZ P10 has actually been hard to find at or below msrp, especially OR...i may just stick to irons for my handgun though..

Caniks are everywhere. Maybe Ill get the CZ and if Im feeling unfullfilled, get the Canik

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Is the CZ actually cheaper than the Canik? I think I paid $400 for my TPSFX.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    The CZ p10c is cheaper than the Canik Tp9sf elite combat.

The elite combat partners with SAI for "upgraded" components including a fluted barrel and a flat trigger that ive seen videos testing at 3.5lbs. Plus optic ready.

Runs about $700 vs $500 for the CZ.

I did shoot my friend's TP9SA that he bought for $385 and liked it too.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    You can buy the barrel and trigger aftermarket. I'd just get a "regular" Canik, shoot it, and upgrade if you desire. The TP9SFX trigger is about as light as I'd go anyways (personally).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks, yea the CZ P10 has actually been hard to find at or below msrp, especially OR...i may just stick to irons for my handgun though..

Caniks are everywhere. Maybe Ill get the CZ and if Im feeling unfullfilled, get the Canik

That's the spirit.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    I went off the rails.. Now I'm looking at the Tactical Sport Orange vs Shadow 2 SAO.

Help lol.

The trigger on the TSO (<2lb) sounds like a must have but then again the Shadow 2 is big and heavy enough. TSO is bigger and heavier.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I went off the rails.. Now I'm looking at the Tactical Sport Orange vs Shadow 2 SAO.

Wheeeee! This is always fun to watch

The trigger on the TSO (<2lb) sounds like a must have but then again the Shadow 2 is big and heavy enough. TSO is bigger and heavier.

Before you spend that much money, you really should shoot something with a two-pound trigger. If your intention is to use it only for match-style shooting, then you'll grow to take advantage of that light, light trigger. But if you think you might have it do double duty for other applications (like defense), be very thoughtful about how much trouble you can get in with a trigger that light while under stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom