• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Good Morning Shooters,

Inclement Weather Policy - Ok, well it really is not a policy, but this is how we are going to roll as through the winter months. AGC Action shooting has made the decision to schedule regular monthly matches throughout the winter (unlike many other area clubs who take the winter off). While canceling events is never ideal, we will always consider the conditions of the Action Shooting bays to ensure they are

1. Safe (no excessive snow/ice/mud that may cause undue slip hazards, etc.). This one mostly applies to 3 Gun and IDPA where there is lots of movement with loaded firearms. We will do everything we can to shoot 3 Gun matches from the gravel if possible.

2. The ground in the event area is dry/frozen/hard enough as to not cause any undue damage to the fields by trampling and driving the tractor on it. This is mostly because we still do not have enough turf (hopefully this wont be a problem in 2022).

All of that said, registrations will open as normal and we will make a final determination on whether or not to hold the match just a day or two in advance. Cancelation notices will only be emailed to registered participants through practiscore.com. We appreciate your understanding of this policy and trust it is clear that the alternative is to just take the winter off (which seems silly in light of the last few winters where we experienced little to no precipitation.

January Match Registrations are now open

Falling Steel Match - Sunday January 3rd

Click Here to Register for Falling Steel
    https://practiscore.com/agc-falling-steel-1/register

Please Note the significant changes that have made to the Falling Steel Divisions. This was done in an effort to reduce the number of divisions that were either unused, underused, and most often misused. The new divisions are very simple and should solve all of the problems listed above.

Falling Steel Divisions

-Rimfire Rifle - Optics and/or Iron Sights
    -Rimfire Pistol - Optics and/or Iron Sights
    -Open Auto - centerfire pistols with an optic
    -Auto - centerfire pistols with iron sights
    -PCC - Optics and Iron Sights

3 Gun Match - Sunday, January 10th

Click Here to Register for 3 Gun
    https://practiscore.com/agc-3-gun-match/register

We DO have the 200 yard range in January. That said, your longest shot will be about 215 yards. You may also need up to 4 (optional) SLUGS for this match.

There will be a handful of SUNDAY IDPA matches in 2021 - January is one of them.

IDPA Match - SUNDAY, January 17th

Click Here to Register for IDPA
    https://practiscore.com/agc-idpa-tier-1-match-sunday-allowing-22lr-semi-auto/register

Check in

8:00 am till 8:30 am. Safety brief at 8:30 am. Match starts at 9:00 am. You MUST be checked in and attend the Safety Brief in order to participate in the match.

Setup

We typically set up matches the day before. AGC badge holders are granted Range Badge Credits towards next years badge. If interested, please reach out to be added to the set up email list.

Arrival

Please bring your cased firearms to the Shooting Bays and uncase at a safe table. 3 gun carts are acceptable with Muzzles pointed down or straight up. Uncased long guns must be ACTIONS OPEN, ECI inserted and on SAFE.

Parking:

Please park on the gravel parking area near the Shooting Bays. You may also park at the 200 yard range and/or Memorial Hall.

Ammo restrictions:
    Pistol: 9mm-45 cal - no magnum

Rifle: .223/5.56 - No Steel Core

Shotgun: Bird Shot #7.5 - #9 max 1300 fps
    Slugs - Up to 4 slugs per (3 gun) match

Gibby945

Dec 20, 2020
    Just signed up for the falling steel match.

Its going to be my first time shooting on the clock, should be interesting.

Anybody have advice?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just signed up for the falling steel match.

Its going to be my first time shooting on the clock, should be interesting.

Anybody have advice?

Lots! But ... it'll make a lot more sense if you can rough out what your current experience is, and maybe a little bit about how you're equipped. As long as you've got the bare necessities (a pistol, and if not a solid holster, then a decent little bag for it so you can shoot from low ready), and a couple or three magazines (or four!), you've got what you need and the folks at the event will make sure you have a good, safe time. But to be a little more informed going in, give a little background and you'll get some well-tuned advice.

Gibby945

Dec 20, 2020
    mostly shotgun(skeet/trap) and rifle experience honestly, I've got a Walther p99 and was looking for something more exciting than shooting bullseyes.
    I've got a bladetech mag holder, 6 mags, and an ok holster that I may not use(It sticks a little).
    honestly I'm more looking to have fun and learn to be a better shot, hell I'll be happy not to par out on every stage.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    mostly shotgun(skeet/trap) and rifle experience honestly, I've got a Walther p99 and was looking for something more exciting than shooting bullseyes.
    I've got a bladetech mag holder, 6 mags, and an ok holster that I may not use(It sticks a little).
    honestly I'm more looking to have fun and learn to be a better shot, hell I'll be happy not to par out on every stage.

Tell the RSO that you’re new and they’ll put you at it near the end, it’ll give you a chance to see how others shoot the stage.
    If you’re not used to drawing from a holster, shoot from the low ready.
    You can always buy a Bladetech holster, they are inexpensive and work well for this.
    If you find yourself doing more of this I’d recommend something with active retention.
    Do yourself a favor and at least have a game plan for how you want to shoot the stage, it will help.
    Just relax and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    https://uspsa.org/viewer/2020-SCSA-Rulebook.pdf

We follow the 2020 steel challenge shooting association minus a few things, we don’t have “strings” it’s one go at the stage. We have also changed up the divisions best to see the practiscore page and any questions you can reach out to the email and we can respond promptly.

The game is really easy and straightforward. Here are the cliff notes. Let me know if this doesn't answer your specific question. You may read through the SCSA rules as we follow all safety protocols from that ruleset.

Divisions are based around the installed sights:
    -Rimfire Rifle includes Optics and Iron Sights
    -Rimfire Pistol include Optics and Iron Sights
    -Open Auto includes centerfire pistols with an optic
    -Auto includes centerfire pistols with iron sights
    -PCC includes Optics and Iron Sights

-6 stages - 20 - 25 targets each stage
    -first magazine loaded to a max of 10 rounds (PCC and Rimfire Rifle no limit); all other magazines may be loaded to capacity
    -Start in surrender position, at the beep, draw pistol (or fire from low ready for rimfire and PCC), engage targets, must fall to score for centerfire, must ring for rimfire to score
    -60 second par time per stage
    -Must buddy check firearms at the safe table or at one of the staging tables prior to holstering up

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    https://uspsa.org/viewer/2020-SCSA-Rulebook.pdf

We follow the 2020 steel challenge shooting association minus a few things, we don’t have “strings” it’s one go at the stage. We have also changed up the divisions best to see the practiscore page and any questions you can reach out to the email and we can respond promptly.

The game is really easy and straightforward. Here are the cliff notes. Let me know if this doesn't answer your specific question. You may read through the SCSA rules as we follow all safety protocols from that ruleset.

Divisions are based around the installed sights:
    -Rimfire Rifle includes Optics and Iron Sights
    -Rimfire Pistol include Optics and Iron Sights
    -Open Auto includes centerfire pistols with an optic
    -Auto includes centerfire pistols with iron sights
    -PCC includes Optics and Iron Sights

-6 stages - 20 - 25 targets each stage
    -first magazine loaded to a max of 10 rounds (PCC and Rimfire Rifle no limit); all other magazines may be loaded to capacity
    -Start in surrender position, at the beep, draw pistol (or fire from low ready for rimfire and PCC), engage targets, must fall to score for centerfire, must ring for rimfire to score
    -60 second par time per stage
    -Must buddy check firearms at the safe table or at one of the staging tables prior to holstering up

Thanks for the response and link to the rules. For some reason I cant seem to find the rules on the Practiscore site.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Thanks for the response and link to the rules. For some reason I cant seem to find the rules on the Practiscore site.

It's buried in the registration form probably received after you've signed up which is a bit odd.

Thanks for asking and forcing me to go look, we need to fix that going forward.

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    If anyone is checking this thread out registered for the Falling Steel and has not squadded themselves, can you please try to squad and take a picture of what Practiscore is showing you? I'm trying to run down a few odds and ends with something.

You can either post the picture here or email it to matchdirector@agcrange.org (I see that a lot quicker then the forums)

thanks!

dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County
    Looking forward to my second AGC 3-Gun. My first, in December, was great. As a fairly inexperienced competitive shooter I had reservations, but the match was not at all daunting while also being challenging and exciting. The crowd was friendly and helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom