• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Anyone know much about this gun? The wife bought it for me one Christmas back around 2004 (maybe) from a suggestion, to her, from a friend. Not what I would have bought, but it had it now. Used it then and stopped using it. I started hunting deer with my hawken again and the daughter got older and made loads for it with 777 and Lee REALs and wads.

It has a scope and today I was hunting a long trail and took it instead of my hawken. Loaded 80 grains 777, felt wad and a 240 grain REAL on top. Doe walked out broadside at 60 yards and I pulled the trigger. BANG, my ears are ringing and the blind it pumped full of smoke. I am like WTF happened as the barrel was outside the blind. I got out and reloaded and went to cap it and the bolt wouldn't go back far enough. Then notice it wont lock either and is not pushing up against the breach plug. It would not extract out the back of the gun either. Some internal parts on the bolt broke when firing and ported gas out the back.

Anyone know anything about these? I never paid much attention to them as it was a gift I was not expecting and it worked. I assume it is a cheap gun, but nothing prepared me for what happened today.

Last edited:

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Seems some of the New Frontier stuff under BPI was labeled as Trash and dangerous. So I guess I shouldn't let people that don't know guns, buy me guns.

Its loaded so might shoot it again on a 20 yards string and see if it blows up and video it. I think its trash anyways now.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    CVA has a trade in program. They say it is on hold on the website, but I called them because this gun damn near blew up. They told me I could return the gun for a 35% credit on a new one in the Wolf, Optima or Accura line. I will order a Accura once the one I want gets back in stock.

CVA, Customer service even honoring the previous lines from BPI and making service right!

Last edited:

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    I bought a Accura in 50 for me and 45 for my daughter. He 45 came in today and snapped the barrel on it and the fore stock and now when you pull the trigger guard it won't break open. Anyone have any ideas before I call CVA Monday?

[EDIT] Never mind, it is two stage action. When you pull back it its a hard spot and you have to pull harder and then it breaks open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom