Loving Life in the Wild and Wonderful....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Stopped in my local gun shop on the way home from work and made a couple of impulse buys....a Bond Arms .45 ACP derringer and a Heizer PAR1 - “Pocket AR” in .223.

Quick NICS check and I was out the door in ten minutes. No waiting period, no HQL, no handgun roster, no 77r.... And it gets better....as of July 1, no more sales tax on firearms and ammunition!

Attachments

• 290B9922-9E82-468C-8666-C5C6E7C2A240.jpg
      290B9922-9E82-468C-8666-C5C6E7C2A240.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 796

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Why would you buy a pistol with a 1" barrel for .223? Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should. Like cloning my MIL, why would anyone ever want to do that?

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Some are just jealous and curmudgeon'y at how streamlined and efficient the process of buying a firearm in free America really is.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Some are just jealous and curmudgeon'y at how streamlined and efficient the process of buying a firearm in free America really is.

No, that part is awesome! You're lucky. The .223 thing I'm not sure about. Seems like a lot of unburned powder and no accuracy or velocity. Also it's West Virginia. Insert banjo music.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Why you care about what I shoot or buy is beyond me....whatever - your opinion means nothing to me. I’ll shoot and enjoy it. As far as “banjo music”, keep deluding yourself with ignorant stereotypes....I’m sure “inbred” comments aren’t far behind. One of the reasons I left the hellhole that is Maryland was to get away from that type of pretentious egotistical arrogance.

No, that part is awesome! You're lucky. The .223 thing I'm not sure about. Seems like a lot of unburned powder and no accuracy or velocity. Also it's West Virginia. Insert banjo music.

deathracer

Feb 14, 2010
    Boy that turned ugly quick. Good thing not in MD, that anger could get you Red Flagged LAW. LOL.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Congratulations, Safecracker, on escaping the Gulag. I hope you are doing well!!

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    You'll have to let us know how that .223 pistol shoots. Sounds painful in many ways. Kind of want one.... ;)
    What part of WV are you in?
    Get your CCW and you don't have to have the NICS check when you purchase a firearm!

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    I’ll be sure to report back. I was going to test it this morning, but it’s monsoon season here in Morgan County.... I have my WV CCW but forgot all about the NICS thing. BTW, Governor Justice recently signed a bill allowing non-WV residents to get CCW permits here.
    You'll have to let us know how that .223 pistol shoots. Sounds painful in many ways. Kind of want one.... ;)
    What part of WV are you in?
    Get your CCW and you don't have to have the NICS check when you purchase a firearm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom