• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Since I don't own a credit card, is there any other way I can contribute to the cause.

Yeah, I know I'm old....

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    This is a real gut punch. I remember meeting Don in Annapolis during the 2005 legislative session and learning about this new forum that focused on the plight of 2A proponents in Maryland. Little did I imagine that he was creating this beautiful thing.

Don, you may be gone physically but your impact on the RTKBA in Maryland will live on forever....

Farewell bruh

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Thank you for the avenue to learn, laugh, and vent DD214. I never met you, but appreciate everything you've done for the 2A community.

Condolences to the family and friends. R.I.P.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    OMG! I'm glad I didn't see this at the beginning of the weekend or it would have been a dark weekend indeed! RIP Don, you will be missed. Prayers for your wife, kids and siblings!

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    The Ma' Deuce pictures above also bring back a funny memory.

That day, a member brought that gun and a truck load of ammo that he was letting people run for free just because it brought a smile to his face to see people enjoy it.

Someone shot that thing at something out at the 100 year berm and the bullet bounced back onto the firing line like someone had thrown a pebble, but several of us clearly saw it come from that direction and land there.

Don didn't see it, so we picked it up and put it in the back of his shiny pickup truck and pointed it out. There was a fair amount of kvetching over the fact that a bullet had ricocheted and landed in his truck.

One of those, "funnier if you were there" moments, but it was entertaining that day.

I remember that...we all had a good laugh at Don's expense. He also insisted that 50s couldn't fire at the 100yd berm after that. I got a turn myself on the deuce....good day. Someone, somewhere has a pic of me behind it. I just looked through my phone and facetubez and realize I actually don't have it myself.

RIP Don, we have the watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom