• ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Looking for a S&W Governor.

SKU: 162410
    Model: GOVERNOR

Does anyone happen to have one in stock?

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Nice gun i noticed them on gunbroker.com but i don't know anything about that website happy shopping I like my Taurus

Thanks! Just like S&W version because I can shoot three different calibers vs two and I fired both and liked the S&W a little bit better.

I have seen them on GB but was hoping someone near by had one available.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    If none of the IPs have them, they are in stock through PSA. Love my Governor - shoots the Federal 410 Handgun shells (000Buck) with very nice groups at HD range.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I couldn't find one at an LGS, so created an account on gun broker and placed an order. Can't wait to see how it shoots. :drool:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I couldn't find one at an LGS, so created an account on gun broker and placed an order. Can't wait to see how it shoots. :drool:

They're fantastic. Have shot a friend's before, with different ammo, including 410 shotgun rounds. Smooth and controllable, and very accurate. Might eventually add it to my future want list.

If none of the IPs have them, they are in stock through PSA. Love my Governor - shoots the Federal 410 Handgun shells (000Buck) with very nice groups at HD range.

Just saw the above post is from last year and looked up the ammo. Seems like a great pairing. Four 70 grain shot pellets that make 38 Special sized holes moving slightly faster than 38 Special. Got to do considerable damage for something coming out of a handgun.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Have one, and while I don't take it out for Range Toy mode, I've put SD .410 splatter rounds through it as a test (great!) and have shot 45LC (also great!). It stays in a lock box in the bedroom. Mrs. Occam likes the idea of it for unwanted bipeds in the house. It's loaded 410/45/410/45/410/45 just because variety is the spice of threat stopping. It's a nice, funky revolver. A good friend has a couple of the Taurus flavors, but I like the build and the sixth round on the Governator.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    They're fantastic. Have shot a friend's before, with different ammo, including 410 shotgun rounds. Smooth and controllable, and very accurate. Might eventually add it to my future want list.

Did you hear the eagles soaring and saying 'Murica over and over? I did. :D

I'm still looking for 1/4 oz rifled slugs. It shoots those slugs really well.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Just saw the above post is from last year and looked up the ammo. Seems like a great pairing. Four 70 grain shot pellets that make 38 Special sized holes moving slightly faster than 38 Special. Got to do considerable damage for something coming out of a handgun.

Glad I stocked up early last year. Finding any in stock has been near impossible lately. I was impressed how well and consistently the shot patterned compared to some other HD shells.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Did you hear the eagles soaring and saying 'Murica over and over? I did. :D

I'm still looking for 1/4 oz rifled slugs. It shoots those slugs really well.
    I didn't think that I'd like it, but it was a real pleasant shooter. Your Governor's trigger is also very smooth and easy to stage.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Love mine...nothing like 410 slugs from a revolver. The 000 buck shells had my target stand walking backwards with every shot at 7 yards. There is a website that sells "exotic" 410 shells like flares and exploding slugs...can't recall the site though...been a while since I looked for ammo.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Love mine...nothing like 410 slugs from a revolver. The 000 buck shells had my target stand walking backwards with every shot at 7 yards. There is a website that sells "exotic" 410 shells like flares and exploding slugs...can't recall the site though...been a while since I looked for ammo.

Were those the Hornady Triple Defense? They look really good in a couple of youtube comparison videos.

Maybe THIS is the exotic ammo website for .410.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I broke the gov'na out of the safe today as I hadn't had it out on the range in a while. Mostly as I was running low on Federal .410 Handgun and it has been unobtanium for about a year or so. I picked up a hundred or so Hornady Critical Defense FTX slugs (+2 .35 cal. balls) recently. I was impressed. Grouped as well as the the Federal, with both being far superior to Winchester PDX. Below are the results of a 20 round box at 10-12 yards. I don't use mine as a nightstand gun, but but see how it could fill that role.

Govna.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom