• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Alrighty any Sanners Lake members, any idea how long the wait list is? Is "sponsorship" required like it is/was for SCSC? Are steel targets allowed on any of the ranges?

Not sure how long the wait list is. The latest I heard was that it is not very long.
    No steel allowed on the ranges unless its with a sanctioned event with SRO's.
    No sponsorship required.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Not sure how long the wait list is. The latest I heard was that it is not very long.
    No steel allowed on the ranges unless its with a sanctioned event with SRO's.
    No sponsorship required.

:thumbsup:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    One more question; do they have the ridiculous "one shot per second" rule?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    The wait list depends on how many members don't renew. Right now, the membership is capped, and we're at the limit.

Vodnik4

Between two waters
    Jan 8, 2021
    Slower, lower MD
    The wait list depends on how many members don't renew. Right now, the membership is capped, and we're at the limit.

If, hypothetically, a new range, owned by Sanners Lake, would be opened in Calvert, would that membership cap stay the same? Maybe double the cap, with access to both facilities?
    Or might it be spun off as a separate club with its own membership cap?

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I think the bigger question is "When if ever"

Would you join/pay for a membership to a range that is currently too far to effectively use ?? In the hope that "someday" they may open a range in your area ??

I have seen so many groups lay plans to open a range in Calvert,, some even secured land and possibly a nod from the county,, The months, years and decades slip by and nothing has EVER materialized in Calvert.

Wish I was wrong,, but history proves otherwise.

That's the $64 Question right there .

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    It is a nightmare getting a permit to put up a shed in Calvert....... good luck permitting a shooting range.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Any "latest news" on any of the "Gun range projects" in Calvert?
    J2 ?
    Skinners turn road ?
    Sanners Lake lusby?

wolfdad

Older Shootin' Geek
    Mar 2, 2011
    Earth, I think..........
    SLSC

All on waiting list got picked up this year and, no one second rule on shots, either......aimed shots only, so if you can double-tap an aimed shot, you can take it.

On the new property, recommend you speak with management....available tonight at HVFD Carnival Bingo Hall

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It'll take time, but we've got an ace up our sleeves...the safety upgrades to the existing range a decade ago put us in touch with the top range designer in the U.S. I think we've got a fighting chance.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Been checking up every year (for the last 15+ years),, for the "Calvert gun range that is about to open"

Check back in another year for an update. This is going to happen but it may take a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom