• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I just got out a file to hit the base. OF COURSE the darn thing is case hardened! LOL

O.K. I took about .01 off of the width of the base. Time for a trip to the range to see if that was enough.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    So looking at your pictures again it looks like my sight is biased to the left also but I notice it looks like my sight has more adjustment to the right. Took picture with centered and all the way to right.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpg
      IMG_1263.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 91
    • IMG_1264.jpg
      IMG_1264.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 90

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don't know what kind of front sight is on that rifle but maybe it can be adjusted to the left so you can get mechanical zero.
    Also you may be able to move the windgage a small amount once it is zeroed.
    On a Lyman micrometer sight the slide is usually in 5 moa increments one full turn of the screw head giving one grad on the slide and some if not all Redfield sights the graduations are in multiples of three instead of five. Each fifth grad being longer than the others so you can see it 15-30 46 60 etc etc.
    Double check and correct me in case Im wrong, one of the rifleman here surely will but the other thing is make sure center center center and make sure you have consistent rest sight picture and stocked up good if you figure out the base is wrong through investigation, zeroing in and all that yada yada and so on.
    NIce rifle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom