• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    My wife and kids are attending a Methodist Church in Baltimore County that requires the wearing of masks during the worship service. Most folks I know tell me that their churches are following a policy of personal choice regarding masks. If you attend church in Baltimore County, what's your church's policy regarding masks?

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Not Baltimore Co, but just over the line in Southern York most churches that I know of are optional.

Methodists are "woke" these days, so it's just a virtue signal.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I’m not in MD, but locally there is indoor mask requirements.

Most folk here strip theirs off as soon as they enter or sit down.

The place is big. Mostly folks are separated / distanced

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Lisbon UMC in Carroll Cnty. and mask's are optional.
    Start having people complain to the SPRC and that will get around to the Admin. Board - then they will make the decision. Hopefully for personal choice.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Start having people complain to the SPRC and that will get around to the Admin. Board - then they will make the decision. Hopefully for personal choice.

Or they could make a decision based on the research on masks and their effectiveness against COVID. Wouldn't that be refreshing?

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Or they could make a decision based on the research on masks and their effectiveness against COVID. Wouldn't that be refreshing?

They are already working hard to get the "Science" in line with their opinion. Won't be long until the "Science is settled" and there will be no questioning the ability of a cloth mask to reduce transmission by 75%*

*we made this number up

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    I am assuming that is the Baltimore / Washington conference. I go to 2 different Methodist churches one requires it the other not so much. One is moms church about an hour away the other 5 minutes. I’m gonna say it’s the Pastors call. Although I do believe it is churches policy ( Methodist) to where a mask .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They are already working hard to get the "Science" in line with their opinion. Won't be long until the "Science is settled" and there will be no questioning the ability of a cloth mask to reduce transmission by 75%*

*we made this number up

:lol:

Yes, because the actual number is 0% effective....

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

You'd think so but it was the SPRC Chair, Lay Leader, Finance Chair, Admin Council Chair, and Pastor who made the decision - they did, not their committees. Woke leadership and social justice theology are destroying the Methodist Church and the split can't come fast enough in my opinion.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I do not have to wear a mask due to a medical condition. When I’ve been challenged, and I have, I simply tell them that #1, I have a medical condition that exempts me from the requirement and #2, I don’t have to tell you what it is and #3, it is unlawful for you to ask what it is.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    When they opened the coffee bar back up at church I just assumed the pandemic was over.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I just found out that the "Tuesday Crew" (members who get together on Tuesdays to do maintenance and odd jobs around the church) don't wear masks when they meet on Tuesdays, and members decorated the church last night for Christmas and no one wore masks, yet when they worship on Sunday morning, masks are required (same space) and they all wear same...what did Ron Paul call it...oh yeah, THEATRE.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Churches are all liberal now. I'm on Vestry at our church for 3 more months then I'm done. Being on the "board" has ruined church and I've told my wife I can't wait till our rector retires or we move churches.

We don't wear masks at meetings, but at service they do and we've stopped going.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    If the masking requirements get to be too much. “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands.”
    **Acts‬ *17:24‬

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom