• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    This is really totalitarian...more so than usual in Leftist Land. The Dems in NJ want to not only dictate storage of firearms but require all ammunition to be stored and secured...none would be allowed for ready use under the proposal. Violations would require owners to go through what is nothing more than re-education training in all but name.

I hope the NJ gun owners can stop this...the MD Dems will surely replicate it should it become law...as will blue states nationwide.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/12/nj-mandatory-reeducation-forced-labor-anti-gun-groups/#axzz7EOTcdbqN

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Perhaps wiser heads will prevail.

If not, the NJ Republican Party should be able to use this to their advantage. Whether they actually will is problematic.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    That would be in direct conflict of the Heller verdict.

They don't care. It'll take at least 10 years to get through the courts. That's 10 years they will have to keep discouraging gun ownership. They are in this for the long haul.

In Maryland we've had the unconstitutional HQL for 9 years with no end in sight. It's discouraged many people from buying pistols. Well, except for criminals.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    This is really totalitarian...more so than usual in Leftist Land. The Dems in NJ want to not only dictate storage of firearms but require all ammunition to be stored and secured...none would be allowed for ready use under the proposal. Violations would require owners to go through what is nothing more than re-education training in all but name.

I hope the NJ gun owners can stop this...the MD Dems will surely replicate it should it become law...as will blue states nationwide.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/12/nj-mandatory-reeducation-forced-labor-anti-gun-groups/#axzz7EOTcdbqN

We'll have to see whether it goes anywhere because they've made whacko proposals before, like may issue just for KEEPING firearms at home.

The problem for NJ is they'll be forced to issue CCWs soon enough, so a safe storage bill kind of loses its sting.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    They are looking for loopholes. They cannot ban guns outright, so they are playing the game to ban them in practice.

Furthermore, they see nothing wrong with what they are doing because. they believe there are loopholes available to purchase a gun.

Last edited:

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I remember back in the early '90s the MGA tried to place a limit on how many firearms one could own and any above that would be subject to an "arsenal tax". I'm proud to have been asked to testify in Annapolis against the bill...it snowed like hell that day (April 1 if I remember). It was a very instructive lesson on how things go in the MGA...everything was set up for the pro-gun control crowd to talk and those of us testifying against the bill didn't get to speak until after the media left (but one anyway) and the media lights turned off.

Thankfully the proposed laws went nowhere. I'm not sure that would go the same way today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom