• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRisBundyboyz

Nov 23, 2007
    Bel Air
    I’m thinking of setting up a Benchrest club. If it’s going to work it’d be good to have some participants does anyone have any interest?

http://national50.org Has some good information

Anyone have some ideas, know of ranges we could use?

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    50yds would require an outdoor range somewhere. Probably require a club to agree to host and/or sponsor the event. I once tried to convert an old Army chapel into an indoor archery range. Wonder if you could get a business owner who had a warehouse to sponsor. Bring your own target box, set up a range in a warehouse on the weekend or evening would be a nice event.

JRisBundyboyz

Nov 23, 2007
    Bel Air
    Appreciate the reply, I’ve seen guys setup in a farmers field with a safe backstop. I just don’t see it happening here in md. Yet other states like Ohio have an event every weekend and I think they have 6-8 benchrest clubs.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Sounds like you're looking for folks with similar interests, and a place to shoot both.

You might inquire about joining one of the AGC of Baltimore affiliated clubs where benchrest is shot regularly. In such a club you'll find folks with similar interests, and joining an AGC affiliated member club is a prerequisite first step to AGC range access. Rimfire and centerfire both are shot at AGC by some of the member clubs.

The AGC website lists all of the member clubs, and there you'll find a brief summary of some of the interests of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom