• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjjefferson

Aug 22, 2011
    Laurel, MD
    This reminds me of similar story....LOL.

1: Hunting with my brothers in Ohio. An Amish clan was pushing the woods everywhere. We decide its time to go elsewhere. About an hour earlier....I had heard a shot on the hill above me...and saw a hunter up there. Waved, he waved back and he went back into the woods. I met my brothers at the truck. We packed up and started driving down the road. This truck pulls up next to us demanding us to pull over. We do and they accuse us of stealing their deer. Then they look in the back of our empty truck. Opps. Turns out, the guy at the top of the hill shot a nice buck. But didn't have a radio/phone to call for help. He gutted it, tagged it and....put his orange hunting cap on the antlers (so he could find it when he came back). When he and his buddies came back....the deer was gone. So naturally....he remembered seeing me....so I must a done it. My brothers and I got a kick out of that one. We asked....."Didjaknow there were Amish in the wood?" They said "yes." My brothers and I just looked at each other and laughed. Then said: "you might want to check with them." They turned to get back in the truck and I asked them if they had about 20 more armed guys with them? They said "No." I just told them "That buck is gone....just let it go." Moral of the story....HIDE your deer...don't put a beacon on it in Amish country. They were decent enough folk though, they did leave his hat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom