Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    can he use the song The Thing for this?

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Seems to me that if he admitted to the resource officer then he’s screwed because the guy is a real police officer and admitted a crime. On another topic - kind of I was just reading knife laws and did you know it’s illegal to carry a knife onto school property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Seems to me that if he admitted to the resource officer then he’s screwed because the guy is a real police officer and admitted a crime. On another topic - kind of I was just reading knife laws and did you know it’s illegal to carry a knife onto school property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When is a statement an admission of guilt? For instance if I'm online and fib and say that I shot a 12 point buck, and DNR sees that and checks to see if I checked in a deer and finds that I haven't... have I confessed to a crime or did I just lie on the internet, which is no crime at all. I think sometimes the line between admission of guilt and unofficial BS-ing is very thin. I'm not defending this guy and if he did have a weapon on school property he should face the consequences for that... but what I'm hearing leaves plenty of reasonable doubt in my mind.

Not sure what Maryland says, but lying to a federal law enforcement office is a crime.

In your DNR scenario, they could use the statement as an indication you’ve been poaching that you claimed you shot a 12 point and didn’t properly check a deer.

How do you think they catch a lot of poachers? Guys brag. Sometimes even posting evidence. Of course not often bragging about something that never happened at all.

But I’d imagine in the SRO scenario, he could get nailed on lying. Or get nailed on a gun charge. But in this case, there is extra evidence of moving what appears to be a pistol case
    From his trunk to the passenger compartment of his vehicle.

The standards aren’t “beyond a reasonable doubt” for transport violations and/or possession on school property AFAIK. So a statement and video evidence of what appears to be a pistol case plus owning the firearm you claimed was in the box is probably going to be sufficient for most juries to convict someone.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Obviously the officer knew that a firearm was in the box because he weighed the box. It was as heavy as ten boxes, ergo it must have a firearm in it.

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Did he say gun or gub?

thanks F5.

Looking at what others have posted, I think it's ok to pontificate here, even if others might see it as 'political'?

Also how do I post an image?

I have some thoughts on this, if anyone cares to hear it.

Having read the text on the attached image, the box might contain almost anything that could fit in it, but I do not know enough about the incident to make such a claim. Could the Perp recant his statement, revise it to say he had a *gub* in the box, and was misunderstood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom