• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    We have seen a long list of innocent people shot/murdered by repeat, violent offenders that should have been in prison, latest is the Balt police woman, along with the Navel Academy recruit mother, etc.

In a month we will see legislation introduced by the same list of clowns who are inflicting these repeat felons on Marylander's.
    We can no longer year after year fend off these legislative attempts to disarm the law abiding public from just a defensive position.
    We have to go on an offensive and take the fight to the very legislators who turn these felons loose, BEFORE they introduce their legislation to disarm the law abiding citizens. And this has to be made personal, as in calling them out publicly for what they have done to the mostly minority communities. signage, flyers, billboards, direct mailing, etc.

I know MSI is fending off gun banning legislation as it comes in, But is there a group that is fighting for stronger crime control??

How does one get a complete list of murders/assaults with firearms in MD?
    Including the perp and their previous convictions?

I honestly believe if the information was out there,, these politicians would not spend another term in office.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I agree whole heartedly with the need for elected and appointed accountability. I think many of these politicians and appointments actually want the status quo. Why? Because they profit from it.

But there's a huge apathy piece to this on the other side of the fence as well.

While it's difficult to quantify, I think it a safe bet to say that many of today's urban victims are likely to have been yesterday's shooters. Or they picked the wrong corner to deal on. Or they put their hand in the wrong cookie jar. Or any and all of the above. And in any case, I also think it a safe bet that many of the area residents know exactly who these perps are.

None of this is a valid excuse for today's reality. But I do think it goes a long way toward being an explanation. In a nutshell, nothing changes. And that's largely because, on either and both sides of the fence, though for different reasons perhaps? Not enough people with real skin in this reality are pushing for any real change.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I predict General Assembly will show as little interest in this as they did in Hogan's "get tough on crime" proposals last year.

At this point they have little to no accountability. And you're talking about keeping one of their core constituencies behind bars.

They are more likely to allow felons to vote while incarcerated, ala Vermont.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The leniency and "kindness" shown to the worst in our society is appalling! I'm sick of hearing Mayor Scott call murderers cowards and that he's not going to tolerate it, when I know he's the BIGGEST COWARD out there. Stupid woke f**k! The judges, Mosby and the boy mayor aren't going to be happy until the entire citizenry are dead.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    The only way this stops is when the politician's families are directly impacted by the violence.
    They don't care how many people get killed in Baltimore. If it is a white person that gets murdered, then so much the better.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back at Uncle Duke's post ;

It has long been a saying among Criminology and Criminal Justice types that one can avoid 90% ( made up number , but very close to reality ) of chance of being murdered by a few lifestyle choices :

Don't buy or sell illegal drugs

Don't mess with someone else's woman

Don't cheat at cards or dice

Don't hang out in sleazy bars

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

It has long been a saying among Criminology and Criminal Justice types that one can avoid 90% ( made up number , but very close to reality ) of chance of being murdered by a few lifestyle choices :

Jim Croce Approves :thumbsup:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    While it's difficult to quantify, I think it a safe bet to say that many of today's urban victims are likely to have been yesterday's shooters. Or they picked the wrong corner to deal on. Or they put their hand in the wrong cookie jar. Or any and all of the above. And in any case, I also think it a safe bet that many of the area residents know exactly who these perps are.

As Harry Callahan once said: "Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot"

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Thats flat out racist!!!!:sarcasm:

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    If you look at it from an end goal position. There has been a growing faction of people who have gained power who want to end the capitalist frame work and seize total power through taking control of who can and can't prosper. There hasn't been a plan to over turn the gov'ment without a black uprising against society from the weather underground to Charles Manson. There are three actions needed. Release violent prisoners saying they were convicted by a corrupt white system to seek equity. Disarm the population so defending property is impossible. Remember O'bama saying "people need to share what they have or the people who need will take it"? And then what we haven't seen yet. A national police force.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Actually, the problem is not primarily with the imbeciles that write completely unnecessary laws to satisfy pre$$ure group$ or to look like they're not just warming a seat.

The actual BIG problem is with SAs and ASAs that refuse to prosecute and judges that hand out absurdly lenient sentences (like "time served" for a killing). We need to figure out how to apply pressure there as well as with the MGA members, who are running interference for these lawless, clueless idiots.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    This may seem like a joke , but it's not .

Back when engaging in person with MDS'ers , this has come up in conjunction with 2A issues .

#1 & #2 Priority is close and flip flops . Reduce the absolute number of people in prison , and reduce the porportions of certain ethnic groups under the jurisdiction of the DOC .

Reducing crime overall is distant #3 .

At any given time , a majority of voters/ politicians will accurately state that they wish to * Change * the Criminal Justice System . But there is little common ground as to HOW , and many of the ideas are 180 degrees opposed.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Out of curiosity, how would open carry have stopped the cop from being shot?

It wouldn't have. But when ordinary citizens are able to defend themselves from the violent predators eventually the brazen violent attacks decrease. Some of the worst offenders get thinned out a bit and the ones that are left are less inclined to be so violent when they know they may be facing immediate serious consequences. This isn't an overnight thing, its sort of like evolution.

Back to your original question, there is no way to prevent something like that ambush except maybe the shooters may not survive long enough to get to the point where they'd be comfortable executing cops in the street.

Gun control has nothing to do with public safety. Liberal politicians NEED this type of violence to justify their attack on the 2nd amendment. Their end goal is to disarm the public in order to control it.
    1) you're never going to stop the attack on our rights by trying to convince democrats that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens is a good thing because gun control isn't about public safety
    2) you're never going to shame the democrats into punishing the criminals because gun control isn't about public safety
    3) you're never going to stop left wing bleeding heart prosecutors or judges from handing down slap on the wrist sentences because gun control isn't about public safety
    4) you're never going to stop the attacks on the 2nd amendment with sternly worded letters, rallies or testimony before the general assembly BECAUSE GUN CONTROL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PUBLIC SAFETY..

Gun control is a required part of the left wing agenda because controlling the population is impossible as long as a significant portion of the population is armed..

So using PUBLIC SAFETY as an argument against gun control is never going to work...

#4thbox

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010

That's only true if police and the justice system is effective. If it isn't, then it's only a matter of time until criminals realize that it's open season on random innocent people and there isn't any penalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom