Attachments

• Lage.jpg
      Lage.jpg
      117.7 KB · Views: 389

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Is there a benefit or a big difference in the internal recoil mechanism compared to the AR recoil mechanism?

Also what is the rate of fire? I didn't see it on their site.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    In theory you can tune things better with different buffers and springs. I've had no issues with the IRM and the adjustable gas block. In beta testing I'm pretty sure they got 300blk, 7.62x39, and even 458 socom to run just fine on IRM. The IRM let's you run the Lage stocks and folding mechanism if you prefer those. Richard had a SAW stock on his even. I'm interested in cloning the KNS spade grip setup eventually.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This is interesting not because they were approved per se, but because they received a determination at all. There have been some allegations that tech branch has been basically non-responsive, so seeing this is some good news, especially for the Tenko adapter.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Nice! I saw that video from another angle on Delmarvas IG.

Curious as to why it is slowing down.

Might be the device you're watching it on? Seems to be the same speed to me the entire time and it's 100 rounds in 6 seconds-ish so it's running somewhere 900-1000rpm.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Oh, that. It did run a bit faster right out of the box. The gas block was turned further open when I got it. I would assume it comes set to work with the weakest/cheapest ammo possible for reliability purposes. I turned the gas block down until it wouldn't run or lock back anymore and opened it one click past that. I think it came set at 9 clicks open. I run it at 7 now. 6 caused problems. The instructions guide you through the process.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Oh, that. It did run a bit faster right out of the box. The gas block was turned further open when I got it. I would assume it comes set to work with the weakest/cheapest ammo possible for reliability purposes. I turned the gas block down until it wouldn't run or lock back anymore and opened it one click past that. I think it came set at 9 clicks open. I run it at 7 now. 6 caused problems. The instructions guide you through the process.

Good info, thanks!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The last I heard from Jackie I was #86 on the a1/15 list.

I checked my Jackie email (from Oct '18, it's been that long) and I'm #82. I was beginning to think I would have to turn age 82 before the dang things got approved. :mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom