Husband of Illinois Dem state lawmaker fired legal gun at perps during carjacking

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This report from Fox News:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illinois-state-senator-lightford-husband-fired-legal-gun

According to the Tribune, McKinnie is a legal gun owner with a concealed carry license.

"It was a lot of shots being fired. I think they were shooting at my husband and me and luckily enough my husband is concealed and carry and he was able to protect us," Lightford said about the incident in an interview with ABC 7.

"I am thankful that my husband and I are alive and physically unharmed," Lightford said in a statement earlier this week. "I want to thank everyone who has offered their love and support."

Surprise, Surprise. She has supported Defunding of Police initiatives. I haven’t had the time to look up her voting record on 2A issues.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I’m sure her voting record is anti-2A. Not that I wish ill on anyone but the only thing that might change her mind was if her husband was killed during that event regardless of his carry status.

Edit: quick review shows she voted against concealed carry and for standard capacity mag bans and for age limits on buying assault style weapons. There are some yes votes for bills that if have to look up but I’m sure they aren’t good. She did vote yes to allow bobcat hunting so there’s that…

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I support the 2A for All Americans regardless of political party or voting record. I’m glad her and her husband are OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    I support the 2A for All Americans regardless of political party or voting record. I’m glad her and her husband are OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you want to infringe on my 2A rights, I don't support your 2a rights.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    So, hard to gather from the poor reporting but she was car jacked tells me the perps took the car.
    Gunfire was traded, tells me some shots were fired but no one hit their target.
    So, she feels his gun protected her from the perps getting off better shots at her ?

So, a gun is like a shield of some sort in her mind? but only in the hands of a Senator's husband?

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I’m sure her voting record is anti-2A. Not that I wish ill on anyone but the only thing that might change her mind was if her husband was killed during that event regardless of his carry status.

Edit: quick review shows she voted against concealed carry and for standard capacity mag bans and for age limits on buying assault style weapons. There are some yes votes for bills that if have to look up but I’m sure they aren’t good. She did vote yes to allow bobcat hunting so there’s that…

Yep she did vote against it in 2013. And the thing to realize about the vote was that there was a court imposed deadline that the legislature was under. Our side got huge majorities because any non-far left politician in IL knew this was the best deal for them. May issue or no preemption was a non-starter and would have killed the bill and forced FOID-carry by default.
    So she was definitely in the far left die hard category. She's OK with her husband having a CCW though. Just not you.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Yep she did vote against it in 2013. And the thing to realize about the vote was that there was a court imposed deadline that the legislature was under. Our side got huge majorities because any non-far left politician in IL knew this was the best deal for them. May issue or no preemption was a non-starter and would have killed the bill and forced FOID-carry by default.
    So she was definitely in the far left die hard category. She's OK with her husband having a CCW though. Just not you.

Well that's typical for Leftist lawmakers

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I would think the fact she's still blaming the pandemic for a "spike" in "gun violence" would lead one to believe she will be remaining an anti-gun politician.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I would think the fact she's still blaming the pandemic for a "spike" in "gun violence" would lead one to believe she will be remaining an anti-gun politician.

They all do, it’s nobody’s fault but the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom