• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So, how does everyone carry their climber?

Do you strap your backpack to the climber? Put on your pack and then climber over top of your pack? Do you go "ultra light" and use a butt back (well as a fanny pack) when using a climber?

Just curious. I'll replace my heavy steel climber next season (API or Summit aluminum, probably Viper SD or mini).

Just ordered summit climber straps to finally replace the terrible straps on my current climber. I usually put on my pack and thank haul my climber over top. I guess I should play with attaching my pack to my climber and see if that is more comfortable.

I've got a decent butt pack, but it doesn't really hold enough for an all-day sit.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Viper SD here. I have been using A.L.I.C.E. pack straps for 30+ years on my climbers.

In the case of my last three climbers, Loggy Bayou, API(special Cabelas model), and the Viper, my packpack straps hang over the 'jaws' of the climber along with my harness. I have an old fanny pack zip-tied to one of the arm rests of the stand where I keep my haul rope, folding saw, safety line, etc. Finally, a rubber bugee wraps around the whole kit. It's completely sound proof.

I painstakingly wrap the entire stand(every other year) with 3" strips of cammo burlap. You can take the two stand pieces and slam them together and they barely make a sound.

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
      stand1.jpg
      135.9 KB · Views: 107
    • stand2.jpg
      stand2.jpg
      99.8 KB · Views: 105
    • stand4.jpg
      stand4.jpg
      124.5 KB · Views: 108

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I have a summit Titan that i upgraded the straps on. I used a pair of straps from an old alice pack. I strap a cableas small baccpack to it and use 2 extra bungies to hold everything tighter together and keep it quiter while carrying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom