• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    180??? what is going on?

I bought Big buddy for like 79 dollars on sale at Lowes a year ago. The extra heat helped me finish working in the garage.

Cz86g6tV

https://postimg.cc/Cz86g6tV

Last edited:

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have the Big Buddy, it works great. We drain the water system at the cabin for the winter. If I head in during winter and don’t want to deal with water, then I won’t have a fire in the furnace or fireplace. I just haul in what I need. So I take this, close the doors to everywhere else, and use this to heat the large main room. With the hose out a window to a grill tank, I keep it lit at night. We have propane lamps plumbed on the walls, they help to take the chill and dampness out as well. Sometimes just running one of those during the day is enough, but it depends on temps.

The small one would probably only be good for a little heat in a garage. Sometimes that’s all you need, but I see the Big Buddy at $109 online, and would be a better choice for that. The small one is showing at $79 for me. For a blind that should work well.

Good advice on the hose and cylinders in this thread.

Where are you seeing the Big Buddy at online for $109?

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Someone buy my Big Buddy heater, it's hardly used and I don't want to try to fix the threads... just make me an offer.... LoL

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Mrs cantstop and I would use our 3 person tent with an air mattress and the Mr Heater Buddy outside near the head of our tent at Halloween parties at a PA friend's back yard. I liked it a lot, but after an hour or so in sub 40 temps the little propane can would freeze and the heater would shut down. After a half hour or so I could restart it, but the thing would shutdown when the mini propane cartridge would freeze.

It works great on the porch when the temp doesn't get much below 50.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    $20 and it’s sold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

:o. nah, but thank you.

Mrs cantstop and I would use our 3 person tent with an air mattress and the Mr Heater Buddy outside near the head of our tent at Halloween parties at a PA friend's back yard. I liked it a lot, but after an hour or so in sub 40 temps the little propane can would freeze and the heater would shut down. After a half hour or so I could restart it, but the thing would shutdown when the mini propane cartridge would freeze.

It works great on the porch when the temp doesn't get much below 50.

Maybe next time you could put the unit and propane tank inside a box or container (like a little dog house if possible) that the heat from the heater itself would first warm, keeping the gas and unit warm first. Then the heat would come out and heat whatever space you have it in, like a tent, garage, etc.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya there nice .when I had a full size truck and cap I would use it in the back for my naps. Use it all the time in garage . Haven’t hooked up to big tank just the small green bottles. Was my heat in my old truck would set it on floor board . I have utilized it for a lot of different scenarios.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Maybe next time you could put the unit and propane tank inside a box or container (like a little dog house if possible) that the heat from the heater itself would first warm, keeping the gas and unit warm first. Then the heat would come out and heat whatever space you have it in, like a tent, garage, etc.

Not a bad idea except it does have a sensor that will shut it down if it doesn't get enough oxygen. Also, directly above the ceramic plate gets incredibly hot (so hot folks sell a cooking platform for it). The box would need lots of fresh air and a non-flammable construction.

FWIW, our tent party days are over. The 20 yo's sleep in tents now. Us old folks sleep in the house. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom