• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vandrv

Oct 8, 2013
    Harford County
    I just thought I would drop in and either put this thread to rest or get it rolling once again.
    I finally got to the range yesterday, with the AR that was giving me problems, and it worked like a champ. I did run it fairly wet and made sure to let the charging handle do it's thing, and the rifle worked as it should. Thanks again for the advice. And I'm glad this thread was such a good source of entertainment for so many of you.:)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I just thought I would drop in and either put this thread to rest or get it rolling once again.
    I finally got to the range yesterday, with the AR that was giving me problems, and it worked like a champ. I did run it fairly wet and made sure to let the charging handle do it's thing, and the rifle worked as it should. Thanks again for the advice. And I'm glad this thread was such a good source of entertainment for so many of you.:)

Glad to see your problem seems to be fixed.:thumbsup: as for some well....ride captain ride.

http://youtu.be/qAnGe40-o9Q

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    thread-dont-die-on-me-thumb.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If your going to revive these give a hint to what post to start at like the shrooms thread you revived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If your going to revive these give a hint to what post to start at like the shrooms thread you revived

Here's a hint... look at the bolded parts and think about what he is saying here.

Now watch his story evolve in later posts.

I prefer to use the ping pong bolt paddle release button, the majority of the time, over using the charging handle to charge up the AR, because of the certainty that the bolt will fully close. Press checks are done by pulling back the charging handle till you see brass and then drive the bolt forward with the charging handle till it fully seats.

Nighttime press checks are done by relinquishing control of the gun, by pulling back the charging handle far enough to get your finger in to feel brass, drive the bolt forward and then put your finger on the thumb indentation on the bolt carrier to feel if the bolt is fully closed.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I did quote three posts that started the craziness.

It starts about post 85.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6522725&postcount=216

As mentioned in the preceding post, Erno did mention driving the charging handle I'm post 20, but I don't think anyone picked up on it until he mentioned it again in post 85. Then the merriment began.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Good thing Rittenhouse didn't watch Erno's Costa video.

I was multitask training this morning and injured myself.

Some people clean their guns after each trip to the range, well I shower with my AR each morning. I mean really, are we in the dark ages where we dont take cleaning our guns and ourselves with importance?

So, not only am I showering, im cleaning my AR. I decided to put on a Magpul DVD and watch it while I shower and clean my weapon system platform. Now Im doing 3 things at once.

Well, costa and haley are so handsome, so naturally a chub was the result. So now im doing 4 things.

While Im doing 4 things at once, I felt my gut rumble. I thought to myself about efficiency of motion. Why GET OUT of the shower to poo? Ill just drop some loaves and mash them up with my heels. Now im doing 5 things, plus exercising (how much excercise depends on how much cheese and fiber you eat).

Well, this is not enough efficiency, I NEED to practice my night time drills so I yell for my kids to come turn the bathroom lights off so I can practice night time press checks. They do and my hands are covered in shampoo, so I cant drive the charging handle forward so I use my man parts to drive the charging handle. The tub is slippery from red wheel bearing grease, mobile 1, shampoo, #2 remnants, and other stuff. I SLIP and I lose my balance in the dark.

The bolt is still not in battery.

Classic Clandestine, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom