• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Such as a tree stand harness, hunting boots, etc. Besides Bass Pro or Walmart, west or south of the city preferred. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    What's your priority? Least expensive, best selection, modern styles/materials? Generally it ranges from second-hand to online catalogs, to BassPro.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Online,
    impossible for a local brick and mortar to compete with an online "store front" that has no inventory and the product is drop shipped from the manufacture or distributor.

That said,, Anglers on Rt 50 near the Bay Bridge?

Such as a tree stand harness, hunting boots, etc. Besides Bass Pro or Walmart, west or south of the city preferred. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Might try some of the local archery shops. Autumn Sky Outfitters, Bowhunters Den. IDK about OP’s hesitation with Bass Pro, but IME the employees are not that knowledgeable to give advice one way or the other towards merchandise. Better have done your own homework and have a very good idea of exactly what you want from the big box stores.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I remember back in the day Atlantic Guns had tree stands, Danner boots (still have mine) Clothes from I think Browning and Remington. All kinds of scents, calls, hats but before I stopped having to work in the DC area now work from home my last trip to the Silver Spring store I saw none of that. They went full MSR and can's , bolt target shooting rifles. They must have fell victim to online sales and a lack of interest in hunting by the new employees. If you want to lay your hand on this stuff now you only have BPS and maybe some small local shop in a hunting area metro DC isn't it .

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Yeah, just wanted to find some good boots and try them on in the store. I may go to Bass Pro for the harness. Angler's has has a good gun selection, but seems to be about fishing and water fowling, no tree stands or related gear. Atlantic Guns shut down the Silver Spring store as well as the store that had all the cowboy action gear. They have a new store now in Rockville. Maybe new ownership? It has a good selection, but just not the same, especially after going to the Silver Spring store since forever. But I know Silver Spring is not a great location anymore. I have to say, Hafer's in Hagerstown is my favorite gun store. It's run by a gunsmith who gives excellent service, including scope mounting and bore sighting while you wait. But that is a long drive.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Well, I found my old Muck boots out in the garage. Angler's was good for some gloves and a pad for the ladder stand. I caved and went to Bass Pro for a tree stand harness. The only complaint is I could not find any 20 gauge Accutips or anything comparable. Real hard to find any good 12 gauge slugs for rifled barrels. So I might have to use my muzzle loader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom