• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    I'm looking for a way to mask my phone number, and to have a number I can give to people that I don't know well, like new business people and friends of friends I meet in social situations. Just trying to avoid getting a bunch of solicitation calls, or drunk texts at night, kind of thing; not looking for high $ecurity or anything.

any recommendations appreciated!

One buddy said to use Google voice, but that's linked to your email and actual phone.

Another said to buy a phone and card with cash and use that as a temp phone, and when it gets too many junk calls/texts, then just get a new one. This sounds expensive, and isn't this what drug dealers do? I don't want to get on the radar of any police or anything; is that even legal to do?

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I'm looking for a way to mask my phone number, and to have a number I can give to people that I don't know well, like new business people and friends of friends I meet in social situations. Just trying to avoid getting a bunch of solicitation calls, or drunk texts at night, kind of thing; not looking for high $ecurity or anything.

any recommendations appreciated!

One buddy said to use Google voice, but that's linked to your email and actual phone.

Another said to buy a phone and card with cash and use that as a temp phone, and when it gets too many junk calls/texts, then just get a new one. This sounds expensive, and isn't this what drug dealers do? I don't want to get on the radar of any police or anything; is that even legal to do?

You set your phone up to only receive call only from your address list.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Buying a cheap phone at WalMart or off Amazon then loading it with some pre-paid minutes is a totally acceptable option. No, that isn't illegal. WTF would it be illegal?

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    Good suggestion, about buying a cheap phone and using a minutes card, that's pretty much what my buddy said. I just asked about the legality because I've heard criminals do this, probably said it wrong. thx

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Good suggestion, about buying a cheap phone and using a minutes card, that's pretty much what my buddy said. I just asked about the legality because I've heard criminals do this, probably said it wrong. thx

Criminals also do lots of things that the lawful do when they aren't doing criminal things. Don't worry about it.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland

Criminals carry guns too, but that doesn't make you a criminal for carrying one.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    use an app called text now . It's basically an app that gives vm, text, phone to you that you use from the app and it has a unique phone number for you for free.

for your email address just type in whatever eg... jkfldlfjjkfdklfdjklfd@yahoo.com Do the same for the password. As long as you stay logged in you keep that number. ezpz. use it every like month or so or they reassign it. If they do, you just make another, nbd.

pick whatever area code you want that is avail. get a free or paid number. not sure why you would use a paid number.

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    use an app called text now . It's basically an app that gives vm, text, phone to you that you use from the app and it has a unique phone number for you for free.

for your email address just type in whatever eg... jkfldlfjjkfdklfdjklfd@yahoo.com Do the same for the password. As long as you stay logged in you keep that number. ezpz. use it every like month or so or they reassign it. If they do, you just make another, nbd.

pick whatever area code you want that is avail. get a free or paid number. not sure why you would use a paid number.

All good everyont thax.

Also, good stuff randomuser, appreciated. :thumbsup:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    You could check out MySudo. It’s a paid service 10/yr for one virtual phone number 100 messages and 30min of talk time per month.

https://mysudo.com/

You can setup an account with a protonmail email account.

pennyanfernee

Nov 2, 2020
    If you are a little handy with computer stuff, buy your own DIDs from voip.ms or another carrier. There are apps where you can input your registration info and use a fresh number off of your existing smart phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom