• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    So, for now, Tapatalk stays. But it will be more responsive to mobile.

All data, PMs and such will remain and convert over. And I will keep that data for some time in case of a glitch so that it is there to capture later. The PM system though, called CONVERSATIONS will just look different. I will have pictorial tutorials for it. It is backed up in 2 places.

The classified system is the big hang-up, funny VBulletin 3 actually has a system. There is a paid one for Xenforo, seems similar in some ways so I will test it.

The editor when posting works easier, upload photos easier, and so on.

The design: QUESTION...
    Does everyone like the font sizes? Spacing? The font seems a bit small but curious what everyone wants? I can have some do the design as opposed to me doing it and try and keep it as close to what it is as possible.

And yes I may need a tester or 2.

On any laptop or desktop the font is fine. On my phone, at least when the ambient light is low, the font is small enough that I have a hard time reading. However, I can just magnify or wear my damn readers so I'm not concerned. People have mentioned annoyances but my one and only gripe is the tiny little arrow button to open a thread. Most of the time I hit the name of the last poster instead and usually have to mag the screen to get it to actuate. That literally is the one and only thing I'd like changed.

Oh and I'm a strange mix between computer literate and luddite. I'm game for being a tester if you want.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    People have mentioned annoyances but my one and only gripe is the tiny little arrow button to open a thread. Most of the time I hit the name of the last poster instead and usually have to mag the screen to get it to actuate. That literally is the one and only thing I'd like changed.

AGREED!!!!

Also if you need a beta tested, let me know.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I like the font, but I also likely wouldn't really care if it changed.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    On any laptop or desktop the font is fine. On my phone, at least when the ambient light is low, the font is small enough that I have a hard time reading. However, I can just magnify or wear my damn readers so I'm not concerned. People have mentioned annoyances but my one and only gripe is the tiny little arrow button to open a thread. Most of the time I hit the name of the last poster instead and usually have to mag the screen to get it to actuate. That literally is the one and only thing I'd like changed.

Oh and I'm a strange mix between computer literate and luddite. I'm game for being a tester if you want.

I just click anywhere on the thread title and it opens for me - never even noticed the arrow button until just now..

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    With xenforo, if you touch the thread title it will generally open to the most recent post, like the >> arrows here. If you want the first post in the thread, touching the date below the first post will get the first post.

The font on the date can be small. I use iPhone posting and reading here and on xenforo forms now… occasionally the font size touch areas are small, but if you increase the sizes on small screen devices you lose something else.

Also wide vs tall (holding phone horizontal vs vertical) you lose detail on vertical screen.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OH ! That's what it's called .

When I vist random fora , and they do that random jumping to some post in middle/ end of a thread , I hate that . Usually end up just skipping the thread , if not just skipping that forum .

If I want to refresh myself on the original gist ( now) , I click on thread title , then hit " first unread " when / if inclined .

Random arbitrary somewhere other than start or unread , leads to jumping back and forth guessing page .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd just like to have a list of the top 10 or so folks on the Ignore list. Who will be the Most Ignored, and will it become as heavily followed as the Baltimorgue scores?

Might as well partake in the national sport of "Race To The Bottom."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    My only suggestion is to add the navigation ribbon bar that appears only at the top of each page, to the bottom of each page, too, to avoid having to return to the top of the page to select a new destination:

Forums User CP Rules Community Calendar Classifieds Gallery Donations IP Map Gear New Posts (No WC) New Posts Search Links Log Out

Jul 1, 2012
    the xenforo is highly tunable. most implementations you just click on the thread title and it jumps to the latest UNREAD post.
    The platforms owned by that canadian company :) are all xenforo now - GunBoards, the 1911 forums, etc.

It takes some getting used to... there was A LOT of complaining and people bailing out of the Colt Forum when they switched.
    But in the end, it's oh so much nicer. The classifieds are much easier and nicer to use.
    Conversations vice PM's are basically private threads so you can post photos, attachments, etc.

Dec 31, 2012
    A compact layout is better for quick reading. I don't want to have to scroll to read the entirety of a single post. Even some of the longer winded posts on here normally fit on a single screen page. At least it does after you turn off their sigs.

Instead of ignore can we flag users to have their posts displayed in comic sans?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom