Dedicated .22 Pistol Upper Folding Stock Adapter Question?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    I am thinking kind of outside the box I think and want to check with the hive mind before I try something. I have a Palmetto State dedicated .22lr upper https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-22-lr-1-16-nitride-7-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch6.html and building up my pre-2013 stripped lower as a Pistol. Am I able to use this UTG(I know cheap) adapter with a standard stock latch plate to hold rear takedown pin detent in and then my KAK Brace to get side folding? I don't need a buffer tube and spring as the .22lr upper uses the bolt itself as the recoil spring so it should work right? If it needs something to act as a stop for the .22lr bolt assembly I can mill something out of delrin or a cutting board to act as a buffer I believe. I've already ordered the part because it was only $15 so if it doesn't work no big loss but seeing if the collective mind had any thoughts on my idea. The LAW folding stock is cool and all but at $300 is almost more than my entire upper and is not needed since the .22lr bolt/adapter isn't reliant on the buffer tube and spring and buffer.

opplanet-leapers-utg-ak47-side-folding-stock-adaptor-black-tl-k7fad01-lp-sta-sfsa-tl-k7fad01-v1.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I may be wrong, but I believe the "evil features" directive only counts with center fire arms. Besides, it is as you said, a pre-ban lower so that should automatically precludes any FSA 2013 rules?

IANAL

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I am thinking kind of outside the box I think and want to check with the hive mind before I try something. I have a Palmetto State dedicated .22lr upper https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8-5-22-lr-1-16-nitride-7-lightweight-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch6.html and building up my pre-2013 stripped lower as a Pistol. Am I able to use this UTG(I know cheap) adapter with a standard stock latch plate to hold rear takedown pin detent in and then my KAK Brace to get side folding? I don't need a buffer tube and spring as the .22lr upper uses the bolt itself as the recoil spring so it should work right? If it needs something to act as a stop for the .22lr bolt assembly I can mill something out of delrin or a cutting board to act as a buffer I believe. I've already ordered the part because it was only $15 so if it doesn't work no big loss but seeing if the collective mind had any thoughts on my idea. The LAW folding stock is cool and all but at $300 is almost more than my entire upper and is not needed since the .22lr bolt/adapter isn't reliant on the buffer tube and spring and buffer.

opplanet-leapers-utg-ak47-side-folding-stock-adaptor-black-tl-k7fad01-lp-sta-sfsa-tl-k7fad01-v1.jpg

The KNS pic rail and a sig-style folder are nice, have one on a 10/22 charger. the one pictured won't work, tried it, top of the hinge blocks the charging handle. I have an "airsoft" knockoff folding adapter on my 22 and works fine, got it from Ebay, but they get pulled about as fast ass they are put up being an "AR15" part. No way I would use it on a centerfire, the spacer and buffer retainer are junk, but not needed with a CMMG 22 setup, lock open sturdy and OK on a 22. A few places have it, also if using a pistol brace you need a LOP limiter in the buffer tube to keep it under the 13.5" "guideline" for braces.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32852153621.html

View attachment 331225
    View attachment 331226

Attachments

• 20220104_102806.jpg
      20220104_102806.jpg
      83.8 KB · Views: 148
    • 20220104_102831.jpg
      20220104_102831.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 148

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Because this is a .22 rifle and I hate the idea of spending $50 on a 1913 plate to then spend another $180 on a 1913 brace when I already have a KAK Shockwave and tube laying around and this is a $15 part that gets me what I want?

You do you, bro.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Also thinking of trying to print one of Booligan's beefed up folding 1913 braces also. Trying small stuff before working my way up to possibly printing his .22AR15 lower and handguards and print a 10/22 upper that I will make into a Charger pistol in his printed chassis with said folding brace. Baby steps.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Here's my CMMG dedicated upper on an SBR lower. Not cheap but exceptionally fun to shoot.

Attachments

• 22sbr.jpg
      22sbr.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 84

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I have the new Midwest folder and brace stock on my dedicated upper with the KNS plate. It's not cheap at all, but it feels so good I'm ordering a BRN-180 upper to go on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom