• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Too many different threads to jump on and offer my appreciation but sighted in my AR 350 legend today and all the advice paid off! I had an older 223 collecting dust so I converted it over. Thank god the barrel (stoner) and AGB (seekins) were ordered before I read some of the very discouraging post about this set up. The mag trick proved to be super valuable along with some ammo options. Gun works perfect and shoots sub MOA.
    Thanks!!!

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Pics? Parts list? I’m currently hunting with a blackout but thinking about a 350 build in the near future

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Pics? Parts list? I’m currently hunting with a blackout but thinking about a 350 build in the near future
    Stoner barrel
    Seekins adjustable gas block
    Ruger mags with the 1/4 cut off retaining ledges
    Timney drop in
    Winchester 180 grain
    Dead air primal
    Scope sets up a little high to align with a night vision clip on I used a few years back before I went thermal. Kinda glad I left it this way because there are dogs on the properties I put it together for.

Attachments

• 9702E0E0-FBA8-483E-AED0-68CB1B9AC7F0.jpeg
      9702E0E0-FBA8-483E-AED0-68CB1B9AC7F0.jpeg
      84.9 KB · Views: 344

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

tbh if you can hunt with 300blk, I don't see an advantage in switching to 350 legend. Nearly the same ballistics.

I have the Stoner upper in 350 Legend but won't hunt with it because I have feeding issues. I have tried 3 different mags. CMMG, C- Products and Stoner. What did you do to fix the feed issue? I would like to use it next weekend. The rifle is sighted in and is very accurate...it's the feed issue that keeps me from using it in the field..

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Try to Dremel off about a quarter inch on the feed lips. Keep the same profile, just move the raised sections back.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I have the Stoner upper in 350 Legend but won't hunt with it because I have feeding issues. I have tried 3 different mags. CMMG, C- Products and Stoner. What did you do to fix the feed issue? I would like to use it next weekend. The rifle is sighted in and is very accurate...it's the feed issue that keeps me from using it in the field..
    Sorry I didn’t see your question but you got the correct answer. That made all the difference from one fail per mag to none. Mine works perfectly every time now. I’ll be taking it out this weekend. I passed on a couple 3yr old bucks last time out so no practical use yet. Would like to at least get one more doe for the freezer or an old used up buck. Good luck !

So yesterday I took my Dremel tool to one of my 350 legend cmmg mags and trimmed about a quarter inch off of the feedlips.. This morning I drove down to Delmarva. It's only a five round mag but I loaded it four times and shot an entire box of 145 grain full metal jackets and two mags full of the 180 grain Winchester deer hunters without a failure.

I would like to express my thanks to those who posted the magazine modification. It appears to have fixed my reliability issues. I'll be taking that to the woods tomorrow. I genuinely appreciate ya..

I have two or three more magazines that I'm going to modify.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    That’s great. That was the single biggest improvement and when I saw the camo556 post it made perfect sense. I put a couple rounds through mine today to double check zero before tomorrow’s hunt. Good Luck!

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    thanks.

Cant take credit for the idea though I saw it elsewhere.

It fixes a symptom, but the real problem IMO is 1- uppers that have m4 cuts and/or 2- poor feed ramps.

thanks.

Cant take credit for the idea though I saw it elsewhere.

It fixes a symptom, but the real problem IMO is 1- uppers that have m4 cuts and/or 2- poor feed ramps.

It's a hunting rifle. a FTF or FTE every once in a while is acceptable..Not every other round though..

If it were a defense gun I wouldn't be happy but it's not..thanks for bringing the fix to our attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom