• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Oh Yeah! Plenty of affordable stuff, regular guns and deals. I've never seen any black guns though. This is where collecting gets inspiration and gets started. The downer on this stuff is the old timers bought or got this stuff for nothing, found it, inherited it or robbed a widow. Keep that in mind when negotiating.

"regular guns"? Not sure what that is. To some that would be a modern firearm (non C&R)

There are restrictions on what can be sold. No post 1898 handguns and I have rarely seen anything that was not C&R.

Lots of historical collectables so if you want civil war, Great War, WWII "stuff" you will see plenty here.

I have 2 field glasses I got at previous shows.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Chances of finding a sub $1000 m1 Garand? Lol. I should’ve gotten my C&R 10 years before I did and I should’ve purchased more than 1 Garand when I bought one several years ago. Still holding out hope we get more back from overseas and prices from CMP stay close to what they are today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Chances of finding a sub $1000 m1 Garand? Lol. I should’ve gotten my C&R 10 years before I did and I should’ve purchased more than 1 Garand when I bought one several years ago. Still holding out hope we get more back from overseas and prices from CMP stay close to what they are today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1,000 Garand? Doubtful unless somebody is really trying to offload something.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Made it to the '19 Show. Absolutely amazing stuff that you'll only see elsewhere in museums. Medieval armor, yep. Samurai stuff, yep. Picked up some repop BP pistola's for less than retail. Looking for an 1862 Springfield real or repop this time around. :)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Make a BIG hole in your schedule and wear a comfortable pair of walking shoes 'cause you're gonna need 'em. Takes me 2 hours just to do one pass of the two halls.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I need a reasonable facsimile of a krag carbine stock and handguard. This is the year I'lll find one! (fingers crossed)

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    In Catonsville right outside of Ellicott City at one of the Knights of Columbus halls. If you are interested, PM me and I’ll give you more info.

Do the meetings take place on weekends or weekdays? Weekdays will be tough for me since I work until 7:00 PM.

Thanks.

Cal68

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    An MDS meet up should be doable. The building is big enough, and there is several places nearby to eat like High Tops.

If anyone is interested in getting a table, let me know. They are short several tables this year, and are looking to fill them. I believe they can be either “historical” display items to show off, or sale items. Sale items must be related to the show. IE, no “modern” stuff or junk.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    After 2 shows (2020, 2021) being cancelled, I will be curious how the prices will be on some items. I had noticed civil war rifles climb in 2018 and 2019.
    Hopefully, they come looking to price to move items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom