• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Totally read this in Very Special Agent Beazit's voice ...
    Third, for anybody perpetrators who have destroyed the items they received, not received items they ordered, or otherwise no longer has items from Diversified Machine – ATF will purportedly be taking those people perpetrators at their word as they are also not the targets of this investigation [... yet.] Again, ATF would still like to know the identities of those persons perpetrators for the purpose of removing them from the list of persons perpetrators pulled from Diversified Machine’s customer records.
    And clicking the "unsubscribe" link in that spam email will actually do so. Uh huh.

Attachments

• bafte_wall_02_400x239.jpg
      bafte_wall_02_400x239.jpg
      14.8 KB · Views: 385

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    What is it that Diversified Machine did that would make illegal, a suppressor that was built by someone who filed the correct paperwork and received a stamp?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yikes.

They want them back. Particularly the ones people drilled out.

Those who used the illegal part to build a legal silencer are only out $200+ whatever the parts cost them (+ whatever cost it is to have a witnessed destruction).

...and the ones they get back that have been altered WITHOUT a F1 and stamp are in deep doo-doo.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What is it that Diversified Machine did that would make illegal, a suppressor that was built by someone who filed the correct paperwork and received a stamp?

They failed to label and sell them as 'suppressor components'. The part is basically tainted with original sin and being built into an approved registered device doesn't remove the taint.

It doesn't have to make sense to you or me, but in the legalese thinking of the agency, that's what it is. Someone with 3/4 of a mil in loose change could possibly go to federal court and prove that the agency didn't follow their own rules or made an unreasonable determination when they decided that this was a suppressor component. For anyone else, it's probably not a fight worth fighting.

If was the owner of such a 'solvent trap' that somehow accidentally acquired a hole, I would probably take a plasma cutter to it and turn it into unrecognizable pebbles which I would then turn into the ATF (after making a big show and have them drive as far as possible). 'Oh, got damaged while I was welding a handle on it'.

Bottom line everyone who bought a wink-wink 'solvent trap' knew that this was a deliberate attempt at scaping just along the edge of legality.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    WOW, I will be following this to see where this goes. Sounds very much like this could end up at the highest court the way they are looking at things

Oneqwickr6

Feb 8, 2013
    There's 2 other gun lawyers on YouTube that are have clients in the same boat that are saying that they spoke to the ATF and that clients with approved form 1s are not the target of the investigation in YouTube videos so I guess we will see where this goes but reddit have several people claiming to have spoken to the local atf field office with them saying approved form 1s are good and not a problem. So we will see where this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom