• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So don’t talk about AGC guest policy because they might get upset. They were so upset they stopped being an IP.
    So what is there to lose?

Zero, zip, nada. A major portion of the butthurt was that the member who was moderating their IP sub forum had the constitution of a middle school girl. Now that they are no longer an IP bringing it up would be the equivalent of your average .45 vs 9mm debate. Die hards on either side.

Off_paper

Apr 30, 2021
    AACo
    Huh, I get that it's a sore topic, but thanks for being open about it. I've only been shooting for about a year so it's nice to hear history sometimes.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I wish I was paying attention to the forums more back then, I missed out on a lot of drama

I remember being annoyed as I was going to sign up with AGC back then. I had been a free guest a few times. Changed my mind when I heard about the policy change.

I'm an AGC member now and it's fantastic, but I would've joined much sooner if the guest fee wasn't a thing

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    I didn't even renew my membership the year they implemented the guest fee or the year after. Finally renewed last year but didn't even use it that much.

Glad I'm moving to Florida in the next couple of months. Finally getting away from Maryland.

fogman

AGC is getting ready to raise the range badge fee to $250 for 2023. They wanted $300 (because other ranges in the area cost that much) but settled on $250.
    Also they are a trying to figure out how to survey members who have not renewed their range badge in the last few years to find out why they have not renewed.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    AGC is getting ready to raise the range badge fee to $250 for 2023. They wanted $300 (because other ranges in the area cost that much) but settled on $250.
    Also they are a trying to figure out how to survey members who have not renewed their range badge in the last few years to find out why they have not renewed.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Doing my best to stay out of this at least here on mds, but man, this is just packed full of misinformation. So here it is (I know I am going to regret this and probably wont engage beyond this)

1. Nobody ever said anything about $300.

2. If the AGC wanted to be in the same ballpark as "other area ranges" then it would be one hell of a lot more than $300

3. There really is no comparison between the AGC and other Area Ranges. If I am mistaken, then please name 1 that does/offers everything that the AGC does (Thurmont does, but it pretty far out there for most central Marylanders) While your at it, please include what it cost to join and maintain memberships at said facilities.

4. Have you seen what a 2x4 cost these days compared to just 2 years ago?

5. Should paid RSOs (the folks who manage a range FULL of other folks with guns) earn more than they can working at McDonalds? It's really hard to hire and maintain a full staff.

6. Didn't somebody mention something about inflation somewhere along the line. Like, if it hadn't been ignored for the past 18 years that the AGC would already be at $250 and would have collected an additional $1.2 million in revenue and wouldn't be facing this issue? I wonder who that was who put together those FACTS.

Nobody likes price hikes. I probably like them less than just about anyone I know. That said, the AGC is a great place with tons of potential. With costs skyrocketing and past inflation being ignored for a very long time, there are really only two choices.

1. Get with the program, continue to grow, upgrade the facility, and offer a competitive wage or

2. stick with the status quo and let the place deteriorate, close the gates when it can't be properly staffed, reduce hours/days open per year and forget about growing or capital expenditures.

The said, the sad truth is that there really is no middle ground here. Pick option 1 or option 2. It's really up to the Charter Clubs and what they want to do.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I belonged a few years back but never went because I can shoot on my property. I think it’s a great range but now I’m a member at Thurmont mainly because of the 300 yard rifle range. Is AGC an a al carte membership or one price covers family. It’s much closer to me and I tell people about both so understanding the dues would help. Thanks

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I belonged a few years back but never went because I can shoot on my property. I think it’s a great range but now I’m a member at Thurmont mainly because of the 300 yard rifle range. Is AGC an a al carte membership or one price covers family. It’s much closer to me and I tell people about both so understanding the dues would help. Thanks

You are able to bring your family (spouse, minor children, grandchildren...) as guests without paying the guest fee. The AGC also offers a reduced price Family badges in case your immediate family (spouse or children under 23 living at the same residence) want to come to the range without you. See the badge fee schedule here

https://agcrange.org/about/range-badge-fees/

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Lancaster Farmers Sportsman Association is probably equivalent to the AGC, 8 ranges including trap, 300 yard rifle, lots of individual pistol bays.

$100 join/$75 renew with 3 guest everytime you show up and no butt hurt.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Southern Lancaster Farmers Sportsman Association is probably equivalent to the AGC, 8 ranges including trap, 300 yard rifle, lots of individual pistol bays.

$100 join/$75 renew with 3 guest everytime you show up and no butt hurt.

That looks like a great facility. I wish I lived 90 minutes closer to it. I bet my house would cost half what it does here too.

Are they all volunteer based?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    That looks like a great facility. I wish I lived 90 minutes closer to it. I bet my house would cost half what it does here too.

Are they all volunteer based?

They are

I'm a member

Very very happy. If you go on weekdays you often have the whole place to yourself.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Yeah location can come at a premium

Precisely why I asked for Area Ranges. Southern Lancaster Farmers Sportsman Association is located where most people take their horse and buggy everywhere. I love riding my motorcycle up there, but you have to watch out for all of the horseshit on the road.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Area-ish, like an hour and 40 minutes drive time from AGC. Maybe the longer drive would be worth it over having a crowded range, safety people blowing a whistle that you're shooting too fast, or whatever

Im also a member at Delta. I still pay less than $200 to be a member at both clubs, show up during the week at both and there's usually no one else there. I'm minutes away from Delta and only 15/20 minutes further to SLCFSA.

Delta is going to be more expensive than SLCFSA starting next year I think with less amenities and ranges, plus it's a work club for new members

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Area-ish, maybe like an hour and 40 minutes drive time from AGC. Maybe the longer drive would be worth it over having a crowded range, safety people blowing a whistle that you're shooting too fast, or whatever

I also a member at Delta. I still pay less than $200 to be a member at both clubs, show up during the week at both and there's usually no one else there. I'm minutes away from Delta and only 15/20 minutes further to SLCFSA.

Delta is going to be more expensive than SLCFSA starting next year I think with less amenities and ranges, plus it's a work club for new members

I am sincere when I say that is awesome and I wish I could live in an area like that. Truth of the matter is though, we can't compare it to the AGC, especially not from a cost structure standpoint.

Whistles and rate of fire limitations? Don't think so. We do have the Thompson Collectors who come out and throw tons of lead at way faster than I can count. We also raised $125,000 for the children of fallen hero's last summer and plan to do that every year. There is a lot to be proud of at the AGC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom