• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Does anyone know where a person can go and get an electronic copy of their fingerprints to submit with the new eForm-4? Basically a valid .EFT file.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Other forums have suggested printscan:

https://www.printscan.com/services/fingerprint-card-conversion

I have never used them.

I have seen other companies offer the service, but it was only for .gov applications like DOD contractors, clearance etc.

Many companies do this "behind the curtain" (https://www.nbinformation.com/industry/swft.php, see bottom "Upon receipt, fingerprints will be converted to an FBI- OPM/DSS SWFT compliant EFT file. ") but they don't offer it to the general public

Thanks, will give them a call and see if they actually offer the service and what it cost.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    What about the Silencer Shop if you have an acct?

I have sent support an email. Apparently the only way to get a hold of them unless you wait hours on hold.

I did see somewhere where they said they were not willing to email fingerprints at the time of the post. I will let you know what they say when I get an answer from support.

I have called ATF to get an answer from them but they have no idea. They say the system is new and they are still learning.

Will post whatever I find out here.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I have called ATF to get an answer from them but they have no idea. They say the system is new and they are still learning.

Will post whatever I find out here.

we're you asking about the law or the software they just updated, lol.

still learning???

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    we're you asking about the law or the software they just updated, lol.

still learning???

What software are you talking about that was updated? The eForms?

I am trying to find a place to go and get an electronic copy of my fingerprints in a correct file format for uploading for eForm-4 submissions.

So far I have been transferred 4 times through UPS and they have NO clue. PrintScan is apparently a third party company(by a different name) they do not know. They do electronic archiving of your fingerprints, as an option, at a rate of $25 for 1yr of storage and $100 for 5yrs of storage. Not sure yet if the file is retrievable by the client to use or if the format is correct. At this point I might just spend the money and find out.

Thoughts? Input?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    What software are you talking about that was updated? The eForms?

I am trying to find a place to go and get an electronic copy of my fingerprints in a correct file format for uploading for eForm-4 submissions.

yeah. or the law. "We have no idea and are making it up" seems to be the answer to all ATF questions.

I dont know about printscan. I do know that what the ATF does with your hard cards is scan them and electronically submit them. There is no reason they could not take a pdf or jpeg file (scanned with the proper resolution) and convert them themselves. Except basic government ineptitude.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    If you’re feeling technical some info here https://www.fbibiospecs.cjis.gov

Yeah, read through that a bit. Does not have info, that I saw, on creating the file I need. Wonder if a high resolution scan of a completed fingerprint card would suffice. Apparently that is how the SilencerShop does it. They just send in a fingerprint card for the customer. At least according to their support staff.

Dave

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    If you’re feeling technical some info here https://www.fbibiospecs.cjis.gov

You would need to develop software that converts a scanned FD-258 to that format. If you had some python skills it would not be all that hard. I do have those skills, I think its far easier just to drop them in the mail with the cover letter. From here the office in shootyourdogsburg WV is only a 3 day journey by priority USPS. I mailed mine nov 1 they arrived nov 4th.

Keep in mind you don't have to use EFT.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Wonder if a high resolution scan of a completed fingerprint card would suffice. Apparently that is how the SilencerShop does it. They just send in a fingerprint card for the customer. At least according to their support staff.

Dave

If the AFT does not know how their own system works, lmao, could be months before they figure it out. The old fashioned 2 copies of FD-258 + cover letter only takes 3-4 days.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    UPDATE: I got in contact with the company PrintScan. Apparently they are working on being able to provide an ATF approved EFT fingerprint file. They think it may be available in 1-2 weeks. Trying to get specifics (i.e. can you send in a completed fingerprint card and get it converted). Worse case you cold probably just go to one of the UPS store locations and get an electronic finger pritning done and have that sent as an EFT file. Will update again once I get more information.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Does anyone know where a person can go and get an electronic copy of their fingerprints to submit with the new eForm-4? Basically a valid .EFT file.

This may not be of any help now, but if you go through Silencer Shop, once you have uploaded fingerprints for a purchase via their kiosk, you can use them for multiple purchases. They are kept on file forever unless you request they delete them.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have made a few calls to the places I get prints done. Not one person has any idea of what I am talking about.
    ARDave- please keep us updated.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Latest Update: So, according to PrintScan.com company they will offer a service to either scan your fingerprints into an ATF approved EFT finger print file or you can send them a finger print card and they will convert it to an ATF approved EFT finger print file. Still a couple of weeks away from actually offering the service yet but, they say they will be offering it. Hope this helps.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Latest Update: So, according to PrintScan.com company they will offer a service to either scan your fingerprints into an ATF approved EFT finger print file or you can send them a finger print card and they will convert it to an ATF approved EFT finger print file. Still a couple of weeks away from actually offering the service yet but, they say they will be offering it. Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016

:beer:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Update: The service is now available from PrintScan. Below is what they sent me:

This is now available. To schedule an appointment for ATF Fingerprint .EFT file conversion, please visit our website to locate the closest location to you, https://appointment.printscan.com/Appointments/Reason.

The option the individuals should be selecting is, “ATF Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives.”

Hope this help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom