• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Councilwoman Lacy D1 flipping off the general public during the hearing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220111-091115_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20220111-091115_Facebook.jpg
      43.1 KB · Views: 278

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Did anyone see the breakdown of the votes? Amanda Fiedler emailed me back and said she didn't vote for a continuation of the mandate. I think she is a Democrat.

Umm, no. She's a Republican, but a bit squishy. She voted to condemn Trump last year.

If you're in Severna Park, she's likely your District 5 representative!

The vote was 4 Dems to support Pittman's action. Three Republicans opposed. Pittman needed five votes to sustain.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Umm, no. She's a Republican, but a bit squishy. She voted to condemn Trump last year.

If you're in Severna Park, she's likely your District 5 representative!

The vote was 4 Dems to support Pittman's action. Three Republicans opposed. Pittman needed five votes to sustain.

Correct, it's not the same as voting it down. It failed to receive the required votes. A majority still voted in favor of extending.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Shes a true believer and panders hard to the Bolsheviks.

Yeah. She has told people in public forums how awful they are for not wanting to ruin their community with the maglev, additional bus stops, drug centers, etc. She had told a friend of mine, I hate a particular community. And she craps on it whenever she can.

Also she is so bad, a former dem council 1 member is going to run again her. Pete Smith to be exact.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This has firmly switched my mask position from, "They don't really bother me, so I'll respect the businesses that require them", to "I'm purposely choosing not to wear a mask from now on as a political statement against government overreach".

I haven't worn a mask during AA's entire new mandate and it hasn't caused an issue. I've had multiple private individuals in stores give me sh!t, but not the businesses themselves. 100% of the people giving me sh!t about it have been wildly obese...which is hilarious to me. They'd rather dictate my behavior to reduce their risk than take any personal responsibility for their health whatsoever.

I encourage everyone else to not comply as well.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Here's a different view:

Wear your damn masks when you are in an AACo business.

It is NOT the fault of local business owners that the county health officer issued this order after the council voted down a mask mandate.

Business can and do get in trouble if they have customers that are not in compliance.

My business, for example, was cited by the health department last year for no other reason than I had a customer walking around without a mask on and my employees didn't catch it and correct it in time. One of my customers saw some people not wearing masks and called the anonymous tip line. They came and checked, and caught someone without a mask. Had that happened one or two more times, I may have been shut down, as a couple AACo businesses were at the time.

I totally understand the frustration with mask mandates, ESPECIALLY this one since it certainly seems to have circumvented the democratic process. But when fighting that battle, don't endanger people who are just trying to make a living. It isn't their fault.

I will say that this most recent mandate seems to not be as heavily enforced as the ones in 2020/2021.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Here's a different view:

Wear your damn masks when you are in an AACo business.

It is NOT the fault of local business owners that the county health officer issued this order after the council voted down a mask mandate.

Business can and do get in trouble if they have customers that are not in compliance.

My business, for example, was cited by the health department last year for no other reason than I had a customer walking around without a mask on and my employees didn't catch it and correct it in time. One of my customers saw some people not wearing masks and called the anonymous tip line. They came and checked, and caught someone without a mask. Had that happened one or two more times, I may have been shut down, as a couple AACo businesses were at the time.

I totally understand the frustration with mask mandates, ESPECIALLY this one since it certainly seems to have circumvented the democratic process. But when fighting that battle, don't endanger people who are just trying to make a living. It isn't their fault.

I will say that this most recent mandate seems to not be as heavily enforced as the ones in 2020/2021.

If they're shut down over my choice to not wear a mask, I encourage them to both sue and stay open anyway. At some point people need to stop complying with decrees. Especially when they're by unelected bureaucrats.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If they're shut down over my choice to not wear a mask, I encourage them to both sue and stay open anyway. At some point people need to stop complying with decrees. Especially when they're by unelected bureaucrats.

I understand what you're saying, but that's easy for you to say as the party whose business won't be affected by that decision.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I understand what you're saying, but that's easy for you to say as the party whose business won't be affected by that decision.

Yes it is. I'm not going to let the government control my behavior by holding a gun to the head of business owners. If enough businesses get shut down, maybe we'll see more of them show up to fight these kinds of edicts. If people have nowhere to get food and buy things because they're closed over mask noncompliance, maybe they'll show up to fight the edicts as well.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yes it is. I'm not going to let the government control my behavior by holding a gun to the head of business owners. If enough businesses get shut down, maybe we'll see more of them show up to fight these kinds of edicts. If people have nowhere to get food and buy things because they're closed over mask noncompliance, maybe they'll show up to fight the edicts as well.

I spoke to a store owner this week, who said he's already received a warning from AACPD. What I don't know is whether the contact was by overt or covert means.

I'm with you, that we should be undimmed in our persistence in general, but small business may be targeted.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I spoke to a store owner this week, who said he's already received a warning from AACPD. What I don't know is whether the contact was by overt or covert means.

I'm with you, that we should be undimmed in our persistence in general, but small business may be targeted.

And ones that don't give a f should be supported. There's a pizza joint over by Norton and me, next to a sushi place, that doesn't give one f about the mask mandates. After seeing this, I've switched to them as our pizza place.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    And ones that don't give a f should be supported. There's a pizza joint over by Norton and me, next to a sushi place, that doesn't give one f about the mask mandates. After seeing this, I've switched to them as our pizza place.

Please post the name of the pizza place.

If you don't feel right doing that, please PM me the name.

I won't be able to go often, but will definitely go.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

Yep. Time to show a backbone. There are some restaurant owners in California that are going to get a payday for being shut down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom