• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I guess its not dead and buried after all.

Attachments

• LxUx6b.jpg
      LxUx6b.jpg
      38.1 KB · Views: 504

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Not sure if the Springfield is really better than the Tisas or Girsan. All three seem to be having teething pains.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Nice write-up of the SA-35 in this month's Shooting Illustrated and they gave it their thumbs-up. Not impressed with accuracy but, build-quality looks solid. Given a choice, though, I believe I'd buy the FN over the SA.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Nice write-up of the SA-35 in this month's Shooting Illustrated and they gave it their thumbs-up. Not impressed with accuracy but, build-quality looks solid. Given a choice, though, I believe I'd buy the FN over the SA.

Like the Tisas and Girsan clones, quality problems. Writer didn't do very good research, lots of info from Springfield's ad copy, missed real facts in describing the features.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I don't comprestand this. Browning made these for decades with low sales bringing death. Turkey is like China in that they don't have words that translate to IP and QA/QC and they where pumping out cheap clones. Now two companies are tooling up to make these things in 2022?

*I'm not dogging on the Hi Power/P35. I like em*

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Like the Tisas and Girsan clones, quality problems. Writer didn't do very good research, lots of info from Springfield's ad copy, missed real facts in describing the features.

Agreed. You'd think a cover story would merit a little more depth and be written by someone who knows and appreciates the original BHP.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I don't comprestand this. Browning made these for decades with low sales bringing death. Turkey is like China in that they don't have words that translate to IP and QA/QC and they where pumping out cheap clones. Now two companies are tooling up to make these things in 2022?

*I'm not dogging on the Hi Power/P35. I like em*

It isn't just low sales that caused Browning to end production. It was the tooling to produce them was worn out and to re-tool was prohibitively expensive for a gun that was only seeing sales of about 4000 annually.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    online article in 'thegunbulletin' (not really an article, just a headline over a FNA press release) mentions that they eliminated the mag disconnect and added 2 rounds to the mag capacity. Also re-worked the feed mechanism to function with modern ammo.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I don’t know what “modern ammo problem” some people are having but mine feeds anything I can buy

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    The Springfield SA-35 is reincarnation.

This new FN version looks an undead zombie.

In 2022 the appeal of the BHP is tha5it is a simple, elegant design that has stood the test of time because of the incredible capability it had from day 1. Are there better handguns out there now? Yes, but that is not the point.

The BHP is old school but it can still do the job Ina "Get off my lawn" kind of way. Pimping it up with ambi controls and other BS makes it into nothing.

It does not have the clean, classic lines of the original BHP that the SA-35 keeps

The "improvements" don't bring it into the same league as a modern Glock, SiG or similar offering. It is still a single action auto pistol and inferior to modern designs that cost as much or less.

Taking a hard pass on this one.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    That's low sales by another name. Fiddy bucks says Glock has replaced a shit ton of worn out tooling by now.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    For me, I was always interested in the design but not at the price they were from FN (I feel like they were always $800-1000 when I saw them on shelves). Not saying the FNs werent worth that much, they just werent worth that much to me.

At the $400-600 2022 dollars that the clones are coming in at, it's much more enticing/exciting. Have a feeling a lot of people are in the same boat...

This coming from a guy who has been waiting over 12 years for all of the cheap, beat-up C&R high powers that were always rumored but never actually showed up. :lol2:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The Springfield SA-35 is reincarnation.

This new FN version looks an undead zombie.

In 2022 the appeal of the BHP is tha5it is a simple, elegant design that has stood the test of time because of the incredible capability it had from day 1. Are there better handguns out there now? Yes, but that is not the point.

The BHP is old school but it can still do the job Ina "Get off my lawn" kind of way. Pimping it up with ambi controls and other BS makes it into nothing.

It does not have the clean, classic lines of the original BHP that the SA-35 keeps

The "improvements" don't bring it into the same league as a modern Glock, SiG or similar offering. It is still a single action auto pistol and inferior to modern designs that cost as much or less.

Taking a hard pass on this one.

No love for Girsan or Tisas?

topguntin

Aug 11, 2017
    It's not even a good clone of the FN Hi-power Mark III. It has no parts compatibility, not even magazine compatibility. This is a modernized FN BDA compact that should never have been made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom