• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Yes it is. I'm not going to let the government control my behavior by holding a gun to the head of business owners. If enough businesses get shut down, maybe we'll see more of them show up to fight these kinds of edicts. If people have nowhere to get food and buy things because they're closed over mask noncompliance, maybe they'll show up to fight the edicts as well.

Do these shops you're going into have "masks required" signs? What about the rights of property owners/business owners? Their house, their rules. You don't like it, spend your money elsewhere, just like we all do from time to time.

It's easy to say "If enough businesses get shut down, maybe we'll see more of them show up to fight these kinds of edicts." when it's not your business. In my experience, most of the people saying this kind of stuff aren't risking any of their own money/business.

You don't know what everyone's situation is. Maybe the business owner is fighting the mask mandate. Maybe they're spending money and effort fighting the county. Maybe they're choosing to fight that way, where they have a chance of winning, rather than simply defying a mandate and getting shut down.

Maybe the shop owner is living paycheck to paycheck and getting shut down gets his house foreclosed. Is it really your decision to make, not his/hers?

I have been in contact with a couple other local business owner friends of mine exploring a lawsuit. I testified at the mandate hearing. But you know what? When I walk into someone else's house, I'll show them the respect of not getting a health department violation against them on my account, by simply putting on a mask for a few minutes.

We are not living in a post-rule-of-law society where normal avenues of recourse are useless. The judicial system is still functioning. I'm exploring my options legally, and I think that is the proper way to go.

Just my .02.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Do these shops you're going into have "masks required" signs? What about the rights of property owners/business owners? Their house, their rules. You don't like it, spend your money elsewhere, just like we all do from time to time.

Is it really? Did you have the sign up before Pittman re-instituted the mandate and the Commie health officer extended it? Are they staying up after the Commie loses in court?

Or have you just been deputized against your will to enforce the dicta of the state?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” - Samuel Adams

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I am not a food place, but i can assure all that i do not require mask. I do require pants:innocent0

I never have either. Last time I had a sign on the door that said King Larry has decreed a mask mandate but there is an exception if you have a legitimate medical condition and that if you come in without a mask we will assume you have a medical condition that is none of our business.

This time the doors are sans signs and people that come in sans mask are welcomed.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I never have either. Last time I had a sign on the door that said King Larry has decreed a mask mandate but there is an exception if you have a legitimate medical condition and that if you come in without a mask we will assume you have a medical condition that is none of our business.

This time the doors are sans signs and people that come in sans mask are welcomed.

Even during the entire time i never made people wear mask, it is a free country in my neck of the woods. I did make up hand sanitizer stands inside and outside various work and customer areas.

I never told anyone to wear on or not wear one. It was always their choice.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Or have you just been deputized against your will to enforce the dicta of the state?

Some people/businesses want to be perceived as pro-liberty, while expecting others to carry the burden of promoting said liberty for them so that they do not have to risk anything (income) by carrying any of the burden themselves.

This is how fascism works - the gov gets businesses to enforce gov mandates by threatening the businesses because the gov cannot legally enforce the mandates themselves, or the gov does not want the expense and backlash that the enforcement will cost them. The gov forces the businesses to submit by making the business force their customers to submit too. In this way, the gov does not have to target everyone, just those with more to lose by fighting back. Those businesses wanting customers to submit to wearing masks to protect the business from citations and fines while paying lip service to liberty get to have their cake and eat it too.

Not quoting anyone in particular, but I seem to hear a lot of:

"Yeah, this is wrong, but since I am going to submit and surrender my liberty, you all have to submit and surrender your liberty too so that I don't have to put any skin in the game along with you."

HAMMERED

Jun 17, 2015
    Carroll Co md
    Dog Fart Argument

I guess nobody would use that at any of their meetings? too bold a statement for the more tender folks....let truth be told!

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” - Samuel Adams

I've always loved this quote. We are definitely in an animating contest for our freedoms right now.

There are people in our country who are absolutely thrilled that the government is telling them what to do: https://www.foxnews.com/us/its-bril...-requirements-while-staying-quiet-on-voter-id

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    Two businesses filed a legal challenge to the mask mandate.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/anne-arundel-county-mask-mandate-legal-challenge/38805487

"Muskin said wearing a mask is not the issue, arguing the county health officer has no legal authority to make this kind of unilateral, emergency move.

"It is not about whether masks are a good idea or not. It is a question of legal authority, and we are greatly opposed to this undemocratic, almost dictatorial way they went about doing this," Muskin said. "We think he's acting on his own without authority, and that's the legal point that we're trying to make.'"

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/anne-arundel-county-mask-mandate-legal-challenge/38805487

"Muskin said wearing a mask is not the issue, arguing the county health officer has no legal authority to make this kind of unilateral, emergency move.

"It is not about whether masks are a good idea or not. It is a question of legal authority, and we are greatly opposed to this undemocratic, almost dictatorial way they went about doing this," Muskin said. "We think he's acting on his own without authority, and that's the legal point that we're trying to make.'"

I will order food from the one place that is near me in Pasadena. These are the folks you want to support if you can and have a need for what they offer.

I seen the report on WBAL 11 tonight

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Willing to bet that the owner of Bella Napoli doesn't have mine shaft like pockets yet he took a stand against these Commie bastards and their very Soviet style tactics.

You sir, are a Patriot! :mdpatriot:patriot:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    We'll be eating at Bella Napoli a bit more often. Besides, the Linguine Del Mare is quite tasty and the added atmosphere of freedom has a nice ambiance.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I swapped emails with Volke, wondering if his colleagues were aware people are 'voting with their wallets'.

Sadly, he told me that, "...they don't believe such things happen." He hopes that residents see it, and change their representation in November.

I would hope that people would start burning up the lines, and try to make a difference now.

I have already seen a yard sign, "We can't wait. Blue in 2022". I haven't checked to see if it has an authority line, but it smells vaguely Cummings-esque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom