• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Update, I talked to Tim before coming home from work and he is being very helpful. After tearing my house to pieces inside an old cigarette pack with memory cards lay the golden Claim Check with the date of drop off everything. My bad habit of hiding crap so well even I can't find it never ends.

I would like to say that given my sour mood today (my boss's faults) they have been very helpful and called me back the same day and I will give Tim the info through email as he asked.

For those I snapped at I am sorry, it was uncalled for and I shouldn't have taking my bad day out on you guys.

Bog

Oct 15, 2017
    Wow,
    I'm afraid i'd be a bit in the " what the bleep happened" camp as I was talking to them. I'm worried that after this many years it's gonna be tough.
    Hope they find it.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Good luck, hopefully if they can't find it they'll make it right for you. I know you can't replace that first rifle. Still pissed at my dad for getting rid of my Ithaca over/under when I went into the service way back.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The issue with losing track of it came from getting a divorce, my dad passing and my getting cancer mom then both knees replaced and moving to WV all distracted me till this weekend when I was moving things around and my mom mentioned how it going. It's one of those life came at me fast and many other thing took priority over a glorified shotgun.

Well, damn. Life slapped you hard. I don’t think I was to aggravating for you earlier, but I may have moved you closer to the edge.

Glad it looks like it’s just a matter of time until it’s resolved.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Ok update, it took Tim a bit of time to get back to me do to the busy time of year. Most of the parts to the gun have been found but do to the amount of work it's taking sometime to pull all the info together. The problem seem to have been a to be unnamed employee who used to work their and the confusion that they had caused. There is much to that story but I will not reveal those parts as it is not the fault of Tim or his company and I understand and know the kind of issue that it was. He has been very helpful with this and now that I do have a better picture of what happened, the gaps of missing information make more sense.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    So , you're telling us the work hasn't been done yet ?
    No it hasn't but the reason it wasn't done makes sense from the business's point of view. I'm not sharing that part as it's not my place to say, but after hearing the full set of events that happened, and that it was a very unusual problem that occurred that it is not representative of the business as a whole I am not mad at Tim or the business but at the individual EX employee at the center of this.

Trust me when I say ther is far more to this story then it didn't get done and as a auto technician of 22 years I know personally how it feels to have a single co worked through the business under the bus.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I sent a M1 carbine to Fulton armory with following specific instructions replace the, barrel remove the rear sight and replace the stock. (This was Wisconsin) I never heard from them in two years and I finally took a job at JHH and personally went to Severn to ask where my firearm was. They replaced the barrel did not remove the rear sight but did replace the stock. The barrel crown was not blued after crowning. I took the rifle and never did business with them again.

Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Sometimes things "fall though the cracks". It's the kind of thing a shop hates, probably as much as the customer. They do a hundred thousand jobs for customers and one gets screwed up. What gets talked about on the internet...the one screw up.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    So Hafer's would have been down in the basement of that little general store when he dropped it off, is that right? I believe some personnel involved in the business changed when he moved to the new location so maybe it was related to that? I've always had pleasant dealings with Tim and his people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom