• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    AFAIK, yes. I just got a pack of them. They work in a standard AR lower and will feed CMMG Banshee actions.

Any chance directions came with the ones you bought that you could verify? I want to order some as a precaution against .gov changing hands

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Did you have a chance to check?
    Rats. I thought it was someone at eruby's meetup I was talking to so I answered it there. My bad.

Mean makes two different Endo mag models. One is 'standard'(?) and the other is CMMG Guard version.

Now the ones I bought were CMMG mag conversion kits. They don't distinguish between the two. Just says for DRB/Banshee for Magpul gen 2/3 mags. They are made by Mean(so i was told), but there is no marking to that effect.
    I can possibly give more info after work if you need. PM me...

Attachments

• 20201108_115538.jpg
      20201108_115538.jpg
      94.9 KB · Views: 158
    • 20201111_160551.jpg
      20201111_160551.jpg
      89.5 KB · Views: 160
    Last edited:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    So, I am reading these mag conversions have a terrible feed problem. Can anyone tell me how well they work for them or their friends that have them?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So, I am reading these mag conversions have a terrible feed problem. Can anyone tell me how well they work for them or their friends that have them?

I've never had any feed problems with the Endomag version used with the CMMG RDB nor have I heard of anyone having feed problems with them.
    They work very well.

Last edited:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

I have 8... I think about half work, 2 or so will not work at all and 2 have jams that will clear. Sometimes I feel like this can change and I am still trying to sort out the issues as I just got them last October with little 9mm supply.

They suck IMO. That said they may still be better than anything else. I have looked into Glock mag conversions as they look good. However CMMG uppers, which are the clear winner as far as AR15 conversion uppers is made for these Conversion mags.

I actually emailed Shockwave who does the Mac Metal mags and asked them to make a version last week. Someone really needs to make a good M16 mag that can be used with no adapter or insert...etc. These inserts make for a $45 magazine! That is crazy high for plastic. Even if I am less than a far of MagPul, I would even be happy for them to make one. At least that would work.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The version specific to CMMG’s RDB system works great for me.

This dude seems to be happy with them for FA use:

https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=598

(Goes by amphibian on most forums I have seen him chatting on)

Can’t speak to the direct blowback version of the endomags, but the way they are built makes me think they probably aren’t very durable in that use.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have had mostly good results using the Endomag inserts. The thing I do not care for is that when there is a malfunction and you want to clear the gun, you must have an empty mag inserted to clear a chambered round. Without it, the case or live round will be stuck to the bolt face.

I had a malfunction that was a double feed which actually damaged the polymer on one of the inserts. A little epoxy was use to effect a repair, but I was disappointed it was so easily damaged.

Recently went with the Stern Defense magwell adapter for Glock mags which locks the bolt open after firing the last round, and will eject cases/rounds without any magazine inserted. Had to grab a few 33 round mags just for fun.

The Endomags are much easier to load than 33 round Glock magazines.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I have had mostly good results using the Endomag inserts. The thing I do not care for is that when there is a malfunction and you want to clear the gun, you must have an empty mag inserted to clear a chambered round. Without it, the case or live round will be stuck to the bolt face.

I had a malfunction that was a double feed which actually damaged the polymer on one of the inserts. A little epoxy was use to effect a repair, but I was disappointed it was so easily damaged.

Recently went with the Stern Defense magwell adapter for Glock mags which locks the bolt open after firing the last round, and will eject cases/rounds without any magazine inserted. Had to grab a few 33 round mags just for fun.

The Endomags are much easier to load than 33 round Glock magazines.

You must not be using the CMMG RDB bolt as they have their own ejectors.

Its my understanding that the Stern insert will not work with the CMMG RDB system. I liked that the most as I know Glock 33 round mags are good and I have a Maxim 9 that uses those mags too. I could run just a single type of magazine for all my night shooting. That would be nice. I don't like that it has another mag release button... you always end up trying to use the original mag release...

That said, a Shockwave magazine like what they did for the M11 Mac would be ideal. That gun had those sucky plastic mags and they made a very nice steel version.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    You must not be using the CMMG RDB bolt as they have their own ejectors.

Its my understanding that the Stern insert will not work with the CMMG RDB system. I liked that the most as I know Glock 33 round mags are good and I have a Maxim 9 that uses those mags too. I could run just a single type of magazine for all my night shooting. That would be nice. I don't like that it has another mag release button... you always end up trying to use the original mag release...

That said, a Shockwave magazine like what they did for the M11 Mac would be ideal. That gun had those sucky plastic mags and they made a very nice steel version.

Using a hybrid Colt/Glock cut BCG in a blowback upper assembly in my build with a .308 spring and 8.5 oz buffer. Works perfectly.
    Still adjusting to the mag release, but even if I hit the wrong one, the insert stays locked in place.
    As with most firearms, the more you shoot it, the faster you will develop the muscle memory that is needed for speedy mag changes while under stress.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Using a hybrid Colt/Glock cut BCG in a blowback upper assembly in my build with a .308 spring and 8.5 oz buffer. Works perfectly.
    Still adjusting to the mag release, but even if I hit the wrong one, the insert stays locked in place.
    As with most firearms, the more you shoot it, the faster you will develop the muscle memory that is needed for speedy mag changes while under stress.

Yeah, I did not like the Colt bolt system. Now I am shooting in Full Auto but my M11 Mac was clearly outshooting it. It was not worth having. So I had to go RDB while waiting for roller delayed!

My problem is that I shoot it in 223 more often so the muscle memory will always be the normal mag release.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I have a ton of Uzi converted mags that work well but I would prefer to minimize my firearm parts and pieces to just 223/556 mags especially since f these inserts work well.
    Anyone have issues with the top tabs wearing out or bending over? They look flimsy in the ones I have handled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom