Underground Bunker
    Can you believe he said that stuff about you guys ...:sad20:;):rolleyes:

Mark this page I was the one with the thick skin ..:lol2:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I shouldn't be this shocked to have stumbled into so many self hating Jews and anti semites in a 2A forum. I'm not sticking around to put up with the hate. 2000 yrs of persecution have only made us stronge. The 2nd amendment stands between us and those who threaten our safety. Am Yisrael Chai!

I came here to try to defend you and the club's policy but damned if you didn't double down!

I was an AGC trustee when your club was accepted as an associate club. I voted in favor of it. I thought it was a fantastic idea to have a club that catered to a segment of the population that isn't typically thought of as gun owners. I admire the strict religious rules that you follow, it'd be nice if more people walked the walk.

Your bylaws are discriminatory, it is what it is. I personally have no problem with it and what you are trying to accomplish, but please stop alienating thousands of your allies here. I would say the typical MDS member is more in your corner than most of the liberal Jews that you might encounter.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    6a00d8341bfa1853ef0120a64a3892970b-600wi

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Wow.

Yeah, if you are the accurate representation of what a "Jewish" gun club is like.... I don't think I'd want to be a part of it.

I'll stick with my local club that doesn't require a specific religious affiliation and treat people like dicks.

Whats wrong with you?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Whats wrong with you?

Me?

Dude has been super confrontational for two days now on here. Last night there was a whacky out-lashing at someone else when clearly no one else knew what was going on.

Frankly, it's ********. There,.... I said it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

This

Some people think people don’t like them because they’re black/Muslim/red headed/a lawyer/whatever and it turns out that the reason people don’t like them is simply because they act like a dick.

This is not about the OP, this is just in general.

This thread is classic gold. I even got the shout-out from Chad over an old fight! NICE.

Here is my take: Shmuel is not a bad guy, but he is a typical yeshivish Jewish dude from Baltimore, and there is a certain level of insularity that comes with that. I know how that is, 'cause I was pretty yeshivish, too, until I took off my black hat a year out of high school because I realized that I didn't really have any interest in that hashkafah/theology vs modern Orthodoxy, and looking back, man, I said some crazy stuff. Givati is full of new shooters who don't know what they don't know. They'll get there - again, that was me once upon a time - but you're talking about a population segment that's generally new to the hobby and is gonna make some mistakes - including, it seems PR mistakes.

I don't know how I feel about the membership voting policy, TBH. It does rub me the wrong way, but if we're going to get more Jews into 2A stuff, this might be the way forward, at least for a few years. The real problem with it, IMHO, is that it tends to put a brake on more experienced shooters wanting to go in there and help drive things forward. Instead, you get Masada Tactical driving club shooting culture, and, put politely, I'm not sure it's necessarily healthy to have that one perspective driving things to that extent.

Since I was the one who started the shit show, I tried to stay out of this thread once it went down hill. That being said, your post was very enlightening and I'm glad you posted it.
    I planned on joining when the club formed a year or two ago. Once I saw the "House Goi" membership policy, I decided the club wasn't for me. Shmuel's multiple posts solidified that decision. It is a shame, because: I have quite a few friends who are Givati members, I am an experienced shooter (trained by PA State Police) and live in Pikesville.
    I co-hosted this event <2 months ago and was still called anti semetic.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?229537&p=5388171#post5388171
    I wish the club the best, and recommend club members read this thread prior to the next Givati elections. This is the guy Givati elected to be their president.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    One comment.. Most of those complaining about his "right wing/anti-semitic" comment ignored the preceding "Extreme"...

And I'll agree with him. There are many "EXTREME" right wingers who are virulently anti-semitic. And right wingers (extreme or otherwise) are typically more pro 2A.

The asshats in Charlottesville who were chanting "The Jews will not replace us!" were certainly not liberals...

Much of the anti-semitic hate for Ben Shapiro was coming from the "extreme" far right...

That doesn't excuse, nor ignore the anti-semitism from the left. It just points out a problem...

And frankly, I've yet to meet anyone on this board whom I've felt was anti-semitic.

But after reading this thread, I'm beginning to wonder about that...

Could Shmuel2004 have been more tactful in his responses? Most certainly. But there are plenty of members here who are just as "in your face" with their opinions. They rarely get the same sort of responses...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Oy! What did Groucho say about joining clubs?

Agree with JMintzer. I think the OP needs to chill and stick around because he is among friends—friends who are just as opinionated as he is.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This

Some people think people don’t like them because they’re black/Muslim/red headed/a lawyer/whatever and it turns out that the reason people don’t like them is simply because they act like a dick.

This is not about the OP, this is just in general.

New guest at the forum (and we're all guests of course). Peddle stereotypes about forum members. Declare yourself the victim and then give folks the middle finger. Seriously, take your disdain elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Oy! What did Groucho say about joining clubs?

Agree with JMintzer. I think the OP needs to chill and stick around because he is among friends—friends who are just as opinionated as he is.

We are more then opinionated we are hard headed as well , lots of fine people here that mean well .
    He has more allies here then he may ever realize (me being one) Sometimes throwing the anti-Semite or Racist word is dangerous IMHO

I stand by one of my post the OP has some issues he needs to deal with , or a life experience that brings him to his conclusion , but it seems we all got painted with that broad brush .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    well, the irony of a discriminatory bigot calling others racists and anti-Semitic is not lost on me as well as others, I'm sure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom