• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    My buddy in Florida has a wolfman on his SIG MPX with the micro mount. Exact same issue - bullets go everywhere, no sign of baffle strikes. My guess is something is not right with the mount but we haven't been able to diagnose it yet.
    Has your buddy contacted DA customer service yet? I only ask this because half the reason to pay Dead Air prices is to get their warranty and customer service. Chances are they’ll probably happily let you ship the entire firearm and suppressor to them so they can fix the issue with that specific firearm.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Update: I finally got some time to look deeper into my wolfman accuracy issues. I used a Geissele 9mm rod to check the barrel of the host fire arm. Barrel is in spec.

Put the wolfman back on and boom, there is my problem. It appears the second portion of the wolfman is not in spec and is causing minor baffle strikes.

I completed an rma for the wolfman and will be sending it back to dead air. I assume they will likely destroy mine and re serialize a new wolf man for me.

I have to send them a copy of my approved form 4 with the suppressor for some reason as well.

I’m disappointed. Pay premium money for a dead air suppressor, wait all that time and it’s out of spec.

Maybe I’ll ask them to send me a 1/2 x 28 key micro brake when they return my suppressor for shits and giggles.

Attachments

• C05F966F-809C-4532-A5C8-41BBB2AE34E1.jpg
      C05F966F-809C-4532-A5C8-41BBB2AE34E1.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 138
    • 34F3D41A-794E-4F58-83FA-288473F1DDAB.jpg
      34F3D41A-794E-4F58-83FA-288473F1DDAB.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 139

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Unless you somehow managed to destroy your serial number on the can, repair should be as simple as a recore. They’ll get you taken care of, and it should be done quickly.

People: if you are not going to contact Dead Air immediately when you have a problem, stop paying dead air prices for suppressors. They charge like 1000% markup to account for the fact that their warranty is fantastic. A dude on another forum had a tolerance stacking issue between his KeyMicro adapter, muzzle brake, an YHM R9. YHM charged him $200 for the repair because they do not warranty their cans fully when you don’t use their mounts (completely fair policy). Dead Air literally gave him a free Wolfman + tax stamp for his troubles.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Unless you somehow managed to destroy your serial number on the can, repair should be as simple as a recore. They’ll get you taken care of, and it should be done quickly.

People: if you are not going to contact Dead Air immediately when you have a problem, stop paying dead air prices for suppressors. They charge like 1000% markup to account for the fact that their warranty is fantastic. A dude on another forum had a tolerance stacking issue between his KeyMicro adapter, muzzle brake, an YHM R9. YHM charged him $200 for the repair because they do not warranty their cans fully when you don’t use their mounts (completely fair policy). Dead Air literally gave him a free Wolfman + tax stamp for his troubles.

Yeah, I contacted them. Had to fill out an rma and have my completed form 4 to use for info. I’ve got to make a copy of it and then send them the suppressor.

I’ll be getting it fixed sooner than later hopefully.

I don’t hate dead air btw. I know it sounds like it. I’ve just been disappointed with some things.

I’ve got a sandman s that’s about 6 months into nfa jail. I’m hoping that does better than the wolfman I got.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Update: I finally got some time to look deeper into my wolfman accuracy issues. I used a Geissele 9mm rod to check the barrel of the host fire arm. Barrel is in spec.

Put the wolfman back on and boom, there is my problem. It appears the second portion of the wolfman is not in spec and is causing minor baffle strikes.

I completed an rma for the wolfman and will be sending it back to dead air. I assume they will likely destroy mine and re serialize a new wolf man for me.

I have to send them a copy of my approved form 4 with the suppressor for some reason as well.

I’m disappointed. Pay premium money for a dead air suppressor, wait all that time and it’s out of spec.

Maybe I’ll ask them to send me a 1/2 x 28 key micro brake when they return my suppressor for shits and giggles.

So is the can the issue or the mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    UPDATE: sent the wolfman to dead air. They put it on an alignment rod as I did and saw the problem. The tech was not happy with it at all. I was personally contacted by text message and worked with Luis the entire way through the process.

He performed a complete recore, test fired on an mpk-5 after per my request. Total time to ship and return to me was about 3 weeks. Mostly due to the holidays.

In my personal conversations with him I mentioned I needed another key micro brake for my cz scorpion and to feel free to sent me one back in 1/2x28 if he felt so inclined lol. I figured it couldn’t hurt to try.

Talked to him about my sandman-s that is currently in nfa jail, 8 months in.

Luis returned my wolfman with a 1/2x 28 key micro brake and a 30 cal sandman end cap/flash hider insert.

I think the micro brake is like 80 bucks at joe bobs and the flash hider is somewhere around the same. Not a bad haul of free gear lol.

I’ll update when I get a chance to shoot it.

Justin

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    UPDATE: sent the wolfman to dead air. They put it on an alignment rod as I did and saw the problem. The tech was not happy with it at all. I was personally contacted by text message and worked with Luis the entire way through the process.

He performed a complete recore, test fired on an mpk-5 after per my request. Total time to ship and return to me was about 3 weeks. Mostly due to the holidays.

In my personal conversations with him I mentioned I needed another key micro brake for my cz scorpion and to feel free to sent me one back in 1/2x28 if he felt so inclined lol. I figured it couldn’t hurt to try.

Luis returned my wolfman with a 1/2x 28 key micro brake and a 30 cal sandman end cap/flash hider insert.

I think the micro brake is like 80 bucks at joe bobs and the flash hider is somewhere around the same. Not a bad haul of free gear lol.

Justin

Good to hear!! And free hardware (esp. if it's not always in stock) is a huge plus!

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

Justin

I may have to look into their offerings. Your story is good example of how a company responds to an issue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I may have to look into their offerings. Your story is good example of how a company responds to an issue.

That’s EXACTLY how a company should act if they want repeat AND new customers. Great story. If I ever buy a commercial suppressor, it’ll be from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom