• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Ordered a Gen 5 Glock 26 a few days ago at a local FFL and when I came to submit my 77r, saw that it had front slide serrations.

Not complaining, but anyone know when they started doing this? From Glocks website, looks to be standard on the g26 now (not an MOS model btw).

I know they are doing FS on the MOS models, but haven’t seen it on a non MOS model yet.

All reviews and info I’ve found online show the g26 with no serrations.

Just curious...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This was a production change that got quietly announced. No new model for the guns with the slide serrations, they're just doing it for all of them now. I suspect it's because of LE or gov contracts that are requiring them, and it's just easier to program the CNC machines to do it for everyone.

I am absolutely on team "front slide serrations are awesome". I always rack my guns from the forward half of the slide - I feel like it gives me a lot more leverage to manipulate the slide firmly and precisely, especially on press checks. Front serrations give me more purchase there, and there's basically no functional downside to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom