• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Man, I was looking for M57s but they were all sold out, except for sweaty ben's "good to fair" lot. I settled on a polish tok from dk, then not even a week later J&G puts this lot up.

I guess thats a good intro lesson to the surplus market: BE PATIENT!

Ah well, I'm still excited for it to arrive and I think the polish ones are just as cool now too anyway :P

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    5 years ago, it was not "be patient" it was "gobble them up" cause all the best surplus buys are gone
    P1, Nagant revolver, PU mosin sniper, K31, $100 mosins, $120 Manblicher M95 , $200 P65

The Tok is about all that is left. The Cz82 and Cz50 both left then came back.

Jul 1, 2012
    Just for S&G's, an M57 rig with the typical PW ARMS billboard marking sold for $550 last weekend.
    It was crazy to watch the auction play out :)

<update>
    probably no surprise, the bidder that won didn't pay up...

Last edited:

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Wow! I am lucky to have two without the frame safety and a small import mark on the bottom of the trigger guard. Nice shooters, too.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    5 years ago, it was not "be patient" it was "gobble them up" cause all the best surplus buys are gone
    P1, Nagant revolver, PU mosin sniper, K31, $100 mosins, $120 Manblicher M95 , $200 P65

Yeah I came in late owning guns and collecting, but at least I got my C&R last May and did a quick sweep of what seemed to be left. Doesn’t seem to be much anymore.

Though it looks like Classic is going to be getting long guns from Africa for awhile (months/years?). IO recently closed an import deal from parts unknown in Africa and looks like it’ll be coming in, in waves. Classic is the identified primary buyer, but IO is selling some to others.

A lot of stuff.

It’s tempting as heck.

VG or better does NOT look likely. Forgotten weapons has an interview with the owner of IO. Looks like turn-in/fair condition at best. Though it at least SOUNDS like most of the stuff really is in fair, totally workable condition. Not trash.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

I just want some more junk quality mosins.

Are those days gone for good?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I just want some more junk quality mosins.

Are those days gone for good?

I am afraid that they might be gone for good!

Now to make you cry, I bubba'd this $100 Mosin, it was the first C&R rifle I purchased.

:party29: :party29: :party29: :party29: :party29:

Now don't get too crazy, the bore was so damaged and shot out that it couldn't hit minute of man at 100 yards. It's in a better place now... It was either I did this or I made it into an Obrez!

M

Attachments

• 20160508_131325-1[1].jpg
      20160508_131325-1[1].jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 223
    • Mosin[1].jpg
      Mosin[1].jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 232
    • 20160508_131334-1[1].jpg
      20160508_131334-1[1].jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 229

That's another mindset I had. I figured they were just about dried up, searching reddit turns up a thread for m57 imports every year or so so I just settled with a polish one.
    I thought about buying classic's good to fair condition lot, then seeing if i could swap the barrel out, but I had this overwhelming feeling I'd get sent a pistol that looked like it had been ran over by a dumptruck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom