• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    This shit boils my ass,
    I have seen a number of times where jurisdictions hold up completely lawfull permits unless the developer/owner adds some "pet project aspect" that the county/city wants.

30 years ago a friend of a friend had 20+ acres backing the PAX river and was getting his house building permit. The county said they would approve it if he "donated" to the county all but 5 acres as environmental buffer.

There is no law against having ammo in your car in Moco.
    Having to buy ammo at Gilberts to shoot there was a requirement that Gilberts had to follow in order to get the county to agree to having the range built.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Nice try, I didn't say all ammo in the county must be purchased at Gilbert's. Only that if you shoot at Gilbert's you must buy your ammo at Gilberts according to Montgomery County.
    You said you couldn’t drive around with guns and ammo. That’s why a few of us responded. I’ve been to a range before that requires you to buy their ammo because they knew what their backstop could handle. I don’t buy that. I think it’s just a way to get more money.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I deal with out of state ffls daily. It is a consistent struggle getting some of these people to understand our laws because most want in insert some common sense but that usually doesn’t pan out. I also spend hours a week on the phone with MD residents working through much of the confusion. So to me it is important for our shooting buddy’s to know what they can and can’t do. Saying you can’t drive around with ammo without some sort of “lol or ” would have some people believing it. A small correction without getting shitty seams reasonable.

UPSguy

WWII enthusiast
    Dec 31, 2020
    Carroll co
    Will never go to Gilberts again… took my wife once years ago and dropped $100+ for us to rent and shoot 2 9mm pistols with a box of ammo each… ridiculous…

Ellis Gordon

gordoninmontgomerycounty
    Jan 25, 2016
    Bethesda, MD
    Check Out the Gilbert Range Fees and Ammo Prices

Check out the Gilbert range fees and ammo prices. Gilbert's is not over charging on ammo.

https://gilbertindoorrange.com/range-fees/

Annual Unlimited Range Time, Discount on Ammo

Individual Basic – $195 | Renewal $175 HQL Discount $135

​Family – $400.00 | Renewal $350.00 Spouse or significant other and dependent children under 21 living in the same household.

Ammunition

Will only allow new factory brass case ammo. We do not allow steal core or steal case ammo.

Ammo Pricing for Annual Members

9MM FMJ 50 Rounds $19.95

40 S&W 50 Rounds $27.95

45 ACP 50 Rounds $27.95

38 SPL 50 Rounds $29.95

​Prices Subject to Change Without Notice

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    I went here today because I was short on time. As of January 2023, you no longer have to purchase their ammo! Luckily, I had some with me. Definitely a game changer in my opinion.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I went here today because I was short on time. As of January 2023, you no longer have to purchase their ammo! Luckily, I had some with me. Definitely a game changer in my opinion.
    That is amazing news!!! I may get a membership!

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    1 of the worse ranges ive ever been to. Just seems cluttered, unorganized, and a fudd headquarters. not worth it

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    1 of the worse ranges ive ever been to. Just seems cluttered, unorganized, and a fudd headquarters. not worth it
    TBH, I don't care much about any of that as long as they let me use a shot timer and run bill drills from the holster, using my own ammo.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    TBH, I don't care much about any of that as long as they let me use a shot timer and run bill drills from the holster, using my own ammo.

Yeah somebody has to go over there and report back on what’s going on with that place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    I’ve been a member there for years. You can bring your own ammo so long as it isn’t steel cased or bagged. Their ammo is generally cheaper than the LGS if you are an annual member. It isn’t the nicest place but for me the convenience is the biggest benefit

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom