• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apparently they manufacture form one suppressor components.. I'm not sure if that's solvent traps or what but last night they were apparently rated by the ATF . There's not a lot of information online yet apparently the ATF took inventory, computers and records.

If you've purchased any of their products you probably can expect a visit.

The story link is behind a pay wall so I won't bother posting it but I'm sure more will come to light.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    They are feeling "froggy",, wait till ole Joe is in 1600,,
    I believe "We aint seen nothing yet"

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Apparently they manufacture form one suppressor components.. I'm not sure if that's solvent traps or what but last night they were apparently rated by the ATF . There's not a lot of information online yet apparently the ATF took inventory, computers and records.

If you've purchased any of their products you probably can expect a visit.

The story link is behind a pay wall so I won't bother posting it but I'm sure more will come to light.

They made some very high quality components. I’ve been quite happy with mine. I would think that if you had a legitimate Form 1 device made with Diversified components and you serialized your suppressor accordingly, you shouldn’t worry. After all they already have your info on file anyway.

I suspect if they do utilize the customer database for anything it would be to match the purchasers info to the Form 1 database first. Then if they find someone who happened to purchase parts, say dozens of suppressors, but doesn’t have a single Form 1 on file, that might raise some eyebrows.

I think the most disturbing thing is that there is a new sheriff in town and the top brass at the ATF want to keep their jobs. These raids are intended to signal to “the big man” that they are “team players” who are trying to do something about illegal firearms.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I think whatever your job is, you tend to find things related to your job to do. Sometimes you manufacture your job to make it look like you are important. This seems to be what ATF is doing.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They made some very high quality components. I’ve been quite happy with mine. I would think that if you had a legitimate Form 1 device made with Diversified components and you serialized your suppressor accordingly, you shouldn’t worry. After all they already have your info on file anyway.

I suspect if they do utilize the customer database for anything it would be to match the purchasers info to the Form 1 database first. Then if they find someone who happened to purchase parts, say dozens of suppressors, but doesn’t have a single Form 1 on file, that might raise some eyebrows.

I think the most disturbing thing is that there is a new sheriff in town and the top brass at the ATF want to keep their jobs. These raids are intended to signal to “the big man” that they are “team players” who are trying to do something about illegal firearms.

Where’s the probable cause? A man buys something legal and minds his own business and he gets “checked out” to make sure he has his papers? The next thing you know they’ll start pulling over random cars to verify that you’re sober.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Where’s the probable cause? A man buys something legal and minds his own business and he gets “checked out” to make sure he has his papers? The next thing you know they’ll start pulling over random cars to verify that you’re sober.

Slippery slope for sure. I don’t agree with the recent raids, but I do think that they are indicative of the mindset within the ATF bureaucracy that they cannot leave business which appear to skirt firearm regulation unchecked.

The goal here is to scare other legal business from doing the same and to discourage potential customers from buying from them. On the surface these tactics appear to work by the old principal that “Pigs get far but hogs get slaughtered”.

Anyway it’s going to be a bumpy ride for the next few years for sure.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I am unfamiliar with when a a pile of metal parts because a suppressor, can someone educate me? I was under the impression that each suppressor part in an of itself was a suppressor, and that you could not buy complete baffles or monocores. This is why you cannot have one tube and multiple baffles/endcaps to make a multicaliber suppressor.

Slippery slope for sure. I don’t agree with the recent raids, but I do think that they are indicative of the mindset within the ATF bureaucracy that they cannot leave business which appear to skirt firearm regulation unchecked.

The goal here is to scare other legal business from doing the same and to discourage potential customers from buying from them. On the surface these tactics appear to work by the old principal that “Pigs get far but hogs get slaughtered”.

Anyway it’s going to be a bumpy ride for the next few years for sure.

Yeah but with the exception of the SD tactical braces that apparently did not have letters of acceptance from the ATF every other products that they appear to be going after was perfectly legal and did not violate any laws or regulations.. and still the ATF raided them. I don't think this has anything to do with the ATF signaling binden that they are willing to do whatever they are ordered to do I think this has everything to do with them going after people who potentially built 80% and weren't supposed to have guns or bought form one suppressor components and assemble them without submitting paperwork and waiting for their stamp. Which is all well and good except just like every other government bureaucracy they paint with a broad brush..the ATF has determined somewhere in the back of their mind that a box of pistol parts and an incomplete frame somehow can now be defined as a firearm.. and I think what you're going to find is the ATF going to people's homes who purchased components for a form one silencer that have not filed paperwork but have also not started completing the silencer and all they have is a box full of cups and a tube and yet somehow the ATF is going to say they have an illegal NFA device.

Someone said that the ATF already met with Biden. None of these raids took place until after that meeting apparently happened. This is a small window into the mind of Joe Biden which is probably more likely a window into the mind of Kamala Harris and her far left wing minions. They're coming for us I guarantee it. The only thing we have to decide is how we proceed. I know what I'm going to do

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I am unfamiliar with when a a pile of metal parts because a suppressor, can someone educate me? I was under the impression that each suppressor part in an of itself was a suppressor, and that you could not buy complete baffles or monocores. This is why you cannot have one tube and multiple baffles/endcaps to make a multicaliber suppressor.

When there is an axial hole through it, or no use other than a suppressor. Thus solvent traps and storage cups.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд

They already do that with sobriety checkpoints. The sky is the limit with this crap. Very frightening times...

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore

First German I think I learned was "Ausweis bitte."

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    The crooks are having the ATF start to raid places to mainly get records. I believe. They compile a list this way so they know who bought what so when they want to take it away. They are using their unethical power to simply gather information in any way they can and want. No one is safe at this point

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Crap, I just purchased a dozen of these "fuel filters" for my tractors, and I only have three tractors.

brb. Gotta go dig a hole in the yard.

Attachments

• tractor_fuel_filter.jpg
      tractor_fuel_filter.jpg
      10.3 KB · Views: 506

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County

ATF has decided that "center marks" or "witness marks" centered on the solvent trap end caps or storage caps are no-go. The face must be featureless to not guide or align a drill bit.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    We are in trouble.... My wife bought 3 2 liter soda bottles for the holidays.... and I've got a big role of electrical tape. Probably constructive intent, right?

Nah, just say it is for your pet's funeral gathering and you're good.

Q

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I think whatever your job is, you tend to find things related to your job to do. Sometimes you manufacture your job to make it look like you are important. This seems to be what ATF is doing.

Similar to the EPA trying to rule that ditches for rainwater runoff that only were wet at certain times of the year were now 'Navigable waters' and therefore subject to their jurisdiction.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Similar to the EPA trying to rule that ditches for rainwater runoff that only were wet at certain times of the year were now 'Navigable waters' and therefore subject to their jurisdiction.

No, they ruled because they empty in to navigable water ways they had jurisdiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom