• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    This is something i might be interested in trying out once i get the space to have one. I only found out how cheap decent printers have become a couple weeks ago. They've come a long way quickly.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Nick have the same ender 3 pro. Did the bed spring, spool holder cable router, bourdon tube, hot end, extruder from plastic to aluminum upgrade mods. Parts are cheap. Set up calibration is key for good prints.Had it for little over a year and love it for under 300.00 bucks.

It’s in shop printing ar mag loaders as I post. Most files downloaded from thinkverse.

Printer paid for itself in two weeks by me selling golf cart flag holders at campground. Still printing back orders for Memorial Day celebration at campground.

Those wondering 3d printers do not need to be expensive and definetlly not difficult to learn to use. There are enough free print files on line no need to learn cad, ect. Designing to use printer.

Just got some glow in dark filament. What temp settings are you useing?

Been Printing mostly pla and tpu rubber now.

Glad to see fellow 3d printer member on here.
    I'm using temps at 220C. Glow in the dark is different than fluorescent - it looks like you already upgraded your hot end, keep in mind glow in the dark filament is abrasive: https://www.cnckitchen.com/blog/how-much-abrasive-filaments-damage-your-nozzle

Agreed the printer pays for itself. Many accessories/parts can be printed now at a fraction of the price. This frame only cost $4.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I love the material that you used man. It is out of the ordinary. It's good to see a unique build like this. Nice work!

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Thanks Nick,yep already up graded nozzle and hot end knowing the brass nozzle
    Would not last long due due abrasive nature of filament.

Currently making enclosure to try some abs filament prints.

Budman for the price and ease of set up of ender 3 pro Great starter printer.. Keep in mind I’m an old guy tech challenged.
    The multitude of free print files available on line is amazing. I yet know how to design
    My own prints but have been able to down load prints from mag loaders to several replacement parts for my camper.
    Neat hobby.
    Plus filament is cheaper then ammo lol

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    Nick do you know what the difference in the rear rails from post #9 and the machined rails which are held in place with screws. Post #9 are bent sheet metal but the frame models step files appear to use the screw in type rails. Do I have an older version of G19 file?

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Nick do you know what the difference in the rear rails from post #9 and the machined rails which are held in place with screws. Post #9 are bent sheet metal but the frame models step files appear to use the screw in type rails. Do I have an older version of G19 file?

You're probably looking at the original files, the 17.2 used the sheet metal version.

https://www.avesrails.com/G17-Rail-Kit_p_12.html

I have some extra sets of the original kits from Aves Rails if anyone's interested. I'll ship them to you for their cost, $27. PM me.

ryan2

Mar 18, 2020
    PSA now has complete slide and barrel for $179. Add lower parts and rails, you can have a G19 for under $300.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just saw a MoCo police report wherein two guys driving around in a cloud of weed smoke were pulled over for multiple equipment violations, and - of course - had a piece under the driver's seat. The MoCoPoPo is now referring to them as "PMFs" ... "Privately Made Firearms, also known as Ghost Guns."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom